Now let’s eat candy, celebrate love and run some miles!
Now let’s eat candy, celebrate love and run some miles!
Haven’t done one of these in a while, so let’s get to it!
1. Cupid’s Crunch recipe from juliewendell.com. Y’all. This girl has the best blog for party planning! I’ve been following her for about two years and she is so creative and comes up with everything you need to host a fun get together. Her recent Valentine’s post had this recipe in it and now I’m dying to give it a try before next week!
2. We recently got a Raising Canes in Owensboro and it’s becoming a new favorite. Chicken strips make up a good chunk of my diet (let’s be real here) and Canes are top notch.
3. While I use an academic planner (August 2018 – August 2019), most of the people at my office use a regular calendar year planner. One of the women bought a ton of fun stickers to use and shared some with me! Now all my planner entries and notes have fun stickers and it makes so happy.
4. LADIES. Read this – Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion.
5. My post from earlier in the week about my recent membership at my local YMCA. I’m adventuring out to some fitness classes (which was one of my goals for 2019!)
6. Peanut butter and barries RX Bar. MY NEW FAVORITE. Most of them taste like dates (yuck) but this one is delicious.
7. All the new Oiselle! I want one of everything, please.
8. Walks with Murphy! Even when it’s not warm outside, we try to get out every day for a walk around the neighborhood. Murphy loves to smell ALL THE THINGS and I get to check out the new houses going up.
Happy hump day!
My best friend and I recently signed up for a three-month membership at our local YMCA. Sometimes I feel guilty paying for a gym membership when I have a treadmill and weights at home, but I specifically wanted the membership for the fitness class the Y provides.
It’s so much easier to get up at the crack of dawn when you know you have friends waiting to workout with you. Now if I could just convince them to become runners with me.
So far I’ve participated in spin class, yoga and hot yoga. Hot yoga is my favorite and I love that it’s offered three times a week (the Friday afternoon class is my fav! the best way to unwind from the week)
When I am not taking classes, I am still getting miles in on my treadmill at home. While we had some nice weather over the weekend, the cold and rain are back with a vengeance.
Don’t forget to follow along with my fitness and running adventures on Instagram @mileswithmeghann
Hello from snowy and cold Kentucky! Most of the midwest has been hit with this crazy polar vortex and holy crap it is cold.
I made a big batch of this chili and it’s been the best thing to have at night for supper.
Murphy has the right idea. Most nights he sleeps in our bed, but at our feet. For the last week, he has been cuddled up right in between me and Ryan. The first day he loved the snow, but now I think he is over it.
So while sometimes the snow can be pretty, I’m not taking any chances on running it. I’ll take Murphy for a few laps around the neighborhood, but I’ve been on the treadmill for most of the last week.
Stay warm, friends!
We have our first official snow day of the year! We had a dusting a few days into the new year, but this was like the first real snow day. There was also a lot of ice (which meant, I wiped out when taking Murphy for a walk and I have nice bruise + scrape on my knee)
But Murphy LOVES the snow, so we let him run around and play fetch with his favorite red ball outside today. He loved burying his ball in the snow and then trying to dig it out.
This weather also meant I was stuck inside for my run. So I hopped on the treadmill for 2 easy miles and then did a Beachbody upper body workout before laying around the house for the rest of the day.
It’s supposed to be a cold and snowy week here in western Kentucky. I hope you all have a great week!
While most of the time I just hop on my treadmill and get to running, sometimes it’s fun to follow a workout. PopSugar has some of the best workouts and they make it so easy to change things up, but still break a sweat.
If you haven’t heard of Orangetheory it’s basically a workout class that offers group personal training workouts based on HIIT that mix cardiovascular and strength training.
So today’s workout is this is Orangetheory based treadmill workout. And it takes less than 30 minutes!
Try it out? Let me know how it went in the comments below. I’ll be running this tonight!
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized how important it is to buy quality clothing. I am willing to turn over more money for pieces that are going to stand the test of time (fashion wise and in quality) and that look and feel great.
Patagonia is one of my favorite brands and while they can be a little pricey, I 100% think they are worth it. I’ve listed some of my favorites below!
Patagonia Women’s Re-Tool Snap-T Fleece Pullover
I received this as a Christmas gift from my parents and it is my new favorite! It is a slim fit so I would suggest getting a size up, but it so comfy and soft! I have the shadow blue and I’m seriously considering buying the smokey violet or vjosa green — such fun colors for spring.
Lightweight Synchilla Snap-T Fleece Pullover
This was my first Patagonia pullover and I still wear it weekly. Two years later and it still looks the same as the day I bought it! While this exact color combo isn’t online, they still have lots of great choices to pick from and even have some with patterns. I’m wearing a medium in this one and it fits great.
Awkward picture, but this me and my husband interviewing the KY High School XC runners up coach at the state meet last fall.
Patagonia Lightweight Merino Performance Crew Socks.
Retro Pile Fleece Vest <– I’ve tried this on in the store so many times, but I haven’t broken down and bought it yet. Definitely on my list!
Retrio Backpack — I actually used this backpack in college! Totally not what is was meant for but it definitely lasted the abuse I gave it over the years. I got rid of it, but it was a great little pack!
For Christmas, I hit the jackpot with books. I received so many great reads, many of which were on my wish list, but also a few that were not!
Strong by Kara Goucher <– a great book to help with personal and running goals for the new year!
Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky
This Is Me: How to Love the Person You Are Today. by Chrissy Metz <– such a good read! I flew through it. She’s such a good storyteller.
#GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
A Beautiful Work in Progress by Mirna Valerio
Whiskey in a Teacup By Reese Witherspoon
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed <– I’ve seen the movie, but now I’m excited to read the book.
Have you read any good books lately? Tell me in the comments below!
It’s the first Friday of 2019! So I decided to celebrate with a Friday Favorites post 🙂
1. Last night I watched the Taylor Swift Reputation Tour on Netflix and ohmygosh it was awesome. I’ve never been to one of her concerts, but last night I had a two-hour concert in my living room. If you’re a TSwift fan — check it out!
2. This really should be 1A, but I have come to love All Too Well.
4. For Christmas, my husband got me Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. I made my first recipe from it (a simple frittata) and I think it went well! It tasted good and I didn’t burn the house down (win-win!)
5. I don’t think I mentioned this on the blog, but I got the iPhone XR and I LOVE IT. Such an awesome camera, so much space and it’s red (there are a number of colors you can choose from). If you’re on the fence — get it!
7. The dark chocolate chip peanut butter Perfect Bar has been my latest go-to snack. I found them at Aldi last weekend and I love them! They have a little more sugar than I prefer, but I only eat half a bar in one sitting, so it’s not that big of a deal.
8. This sleepy boy is always my favorite.
Day 1/365. I know everyone says this, but I can’t believe we are already in the new year! It’s so crazy that another year has come and gone, but I am so excited for what is to come!
While I know change can happen on any day and that there is nothing magical about Jan. 1, it is still fun to think about past 365 days and revisit goals for the coming months. So with that being said, here are some of my goals for 2019:
Run more + include speed work into my routine
In 2017, I ran 350 miles. In 2018, I ran 530 miles (so crazy the numbers worked out like that — totally not planned). My goal is 800 miles for 2019, so who knows?! I want running to be something that I always love, not a chore, but who knows? It would be cool to run that much in the next year.
A sub-2 half marathon is also still on my bucket list, so I need to get faster in order to make that happen.
Take more fitness classes that excite me
In 2018, I took a hot yoga class that I loved! While I wasn’t able to go often, every time I went I left feeling invigorated and refreshed. I so desperately want to get back to that. We also have a Pure Barre studio in town that I want to try.
Cook more at home, eat out less
It’s an easy trap to fall into — swinging by the drive-thru became a habit for me, and I need to break it. You save calories and money when cooking at home, so that’s a big goal for this year!
Some of my goals never change. Daily I want to grow more in my faith, be around those I love and just be a happy person.
What are your goals for 2019?!