This week seemed to drag on and fly by all at the same time. I missed work Tuesday and Wednesday due to an awful cold and a low fever, so my days have been all out of whack. We had some nice weather in Kentucky earlier in the week, but now it’s back to cold and rainy. I am so ready for summer!
But let’s move on from the negative and talk about some of my favorites from this week!
1. My love for Oiselle is strong and Kara Goucher’s new line is amazing. I want one of everything, please.
2. The first signs of spring showed up this week! We had two days where the temps were in the upper 60s/low 70s! Sadly, we’re back to cold and rainy today but warmer weather is coming!
3. My brother comes home from college for spring break! His 21st birthday is Sunday, so I’m excited to take him out for a legal beer.
Popping in today with a fun post about this year’s RnR Nashville medals!
If you’ve been reading for a while you now last year I ran this race as my first marathon and LOVED it. While the course was hilly and I think they could have extended the time allowed on the course, it was such a fun race. I’m bummed I’m not going back this year, but I did want to share the fun medals they have for the race’s 20th anniversary!
These medals shine brighter than Broadway at night. Get ready to rock your race and then show off some MAJOR bling around the streets of Nashville. With LED lights, glitter and colors that pop you will be lighting up the night on April 27-28.
5. Ryan has got me hooked on NBC’s Blacklist. After rewatching The Office and Parks and Rec a million times, we decided to try something new. I’m also watching ALL of Gilmore Girls in order and I love it. (I’ve seen most of the episodes, but not in order)
Also, #TeamJess FOR LIFE.
6. I’ve decided on my next race! More on that later this week 😉 Hint: it’s a shorter distance!
Danskin running tights from Walmart
These are my favorite for everyday wear and for running! They are cheap, but hold up well, super comfortable and come in lots of fun patterns and colors (like the pair I have on below.
Haven’t done one of these in a while, so let’s get to it!
1. Cupid’s Crunch recipe from juliewendell.com. Y’all. This girl has the best blog for party planning! I’ve been following her for about two years and she is so creative and comes up with everything you need to host a fun get together. Her recent Valentine’s post had this recipe in it and now I’m dying to give it a try before next week!
2. We recently got a Raising Canes in Owensboro and it’s becoming a new favorite. Chicken strips make up a good chunk of my diet (let’s be real here) and Canes are top notch.
3. While I use an academic planner (August 2018 – August 2019), most of the people at my office use a regular calendar year planner. One of the women bought a ton of fun stickers to use and shared some with me! Now all my planner entries and notes have fun stickers and it makes so happy.
6. Peanut butter and barries RX Bar. MY NEW FAVORITE. Most of them taste like dates (yuck) but this one is delicious.
7. All the new Oiselle! I want one of everything, please.
8. Walks with Murphy! Even when it’s not warm outside, we try to get out every day for a walk around the neighborhood. Murphy loves to smell ALL THE THINGS and I get to check out the new houses going up.
My best friend and I recently signed up for a three-month membership at our local YMCA. Sometimes I feel guilty paying for a gym membership when I have a treadmill and weights at home, but I specifically wanted the membership for the fitness class the Y provides.
It’s so much easier to get up at the crack of dawn when you know you have friends waiting to workout with you. Now if I could just convince them to become runners with me.
So far I’ve participated in spin class, yoga and hot yoga. Hot yoga is my favorite and I love that it’s offered three times a week (the Friday afternoon class is my fav! the best way to unwind from the week)
When I am not taking classes, I am still getting miles in on my treadmill at home. While we had some nice weather over the weekend, the cold and rain are back with a vengeance.
Hello from snowy and cold Kentucky! Most of the midwest has been hit with this crazy polar vortex and holy crap it is cold.
I made a big batch of this chili and it’s been the best thing to have at night for supper.
Murphy has the right idea. Most nights he sleeps in our bed, but at our feet. For the last week, he has been cuddled up right in between me and Ryan. The first day he loved the snow, but now I think he is over it.
So while sometimes the snow can be pretty, I’m not taking any chances on running it. I’ll take Murphy for a few laps around the neighborhood, but I’ve been on the treadmill for most of the last week.
We have our first official snow day of the year! We had a dusting a few days into the new year, but this was like the first real snow day. There was also a lot of ice (which meant, I wiped out when taking Murphy for a walk and I have nice bruise + scrape on my knee)
But Murphy LOVES the snow, so we let him run around and play fetch with his favorite red ball outside today. He loved burying his ball in the snow and then trying to dig it out.
This weather also meant I was stuck inside for my run. So I hopped on the treadmill for 2 easy miles and then did a Beachbody upper body workout before laying around the house for the rest of the day.
It’s supposed to be a cold and snowy week here in western Kentucky. I hope you all have a great week!