I am so excited for this weekend! We are really starting to make our house look like a home and it’s been so much fun. I have a long to-do list for this afternoon and tomorrow — but I’m ready to get started.
But first, let’s talk favorites from the last two weeks.
6. I posted about this earlier in the week — but I have my treadmill back and it’s up and running!
7. This adorable story about a local kid who is pushing another fourth grader in a running stroller during a sanctioned cross country meet. I am so happy and proud that change and inclusion in running community are happening in my hometown.
8. Someone is still getting used to the new house.
We might have boxes all over the house and still be waiting for some furniture to be delivered (two of the reasons I haven’t done a full home tour post yet) but at least I have my treadmill up and running (ha! get it?!)
I’ve barely run the last couple of weeks so it’s been great hopping on to knock out a few miles each night. I’m hoping to start getting back in the habit of making treadmill workouts to pass along to you guys! I’m really wanting to work on getting some of my speed back, so be on the lookout for some upcoming posts that really get your legs moving!
There is still time to register for RnR Vegas! While I don’t have the money or the vacation days to travel across the country, this race is definitely a bucket list item for me!
If you have the chance to run Vegas I would highly encourage it. The Rock N Blog even has a discount code for the marathon, half marathon, 10k and 5k to help you out a little.
Neon lights, light-up mile markers, fireworks, glowing signage, a volcano…this race has it all!
As the only domestic nighttime race in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, this event truly sparkles. Signage will light the way as you navigate the Start and Finish lines. You’ll flash across the Start Line while fireworks set you off on your tour of Las Vegas. Everyone will experience the electricity of Las Vegas as the course runs along the Strip and through Freemont Street. Brand-new mile markers will be literally “lit” from within for this nighttime race so you know how many miles you have left to shine. And finally, your energy will ignite as you cross the Finish Line at the Mirage volcano.
Join us in November so you can see just how LIT it gets on the #StripAtNight.
Hi friends! This craziness of moving + vacation is real. We closed on our home last Friday, went to an out-of-town wedding last Saturday, then came home and moved furniture a week ago today.
After that, we worked on the house for a couple days, traveled to St. Louis for an awesome Ed Sheeran concert and then came back to rest, recharge, buy some more furniture and prepare for a week of work after being gone for 10 days.
We got the treadmill plugged in and ready to go last night which means I can back to running sooner rather than later!
HAPPY FRIYAY! Not only do Ryan and I have some exciting house news today (see #1 in my favorites list) but my vacation also starts today and I am off work for 10 whole days!
1. THE BEST FRIDAY FAVORITE EVER — WE CLOSE ON OUR HOUSE TODAY! Ryan and I have so hard for our brand new home and I can’t believe it officially becomes ours today! Read here, here and here to get a glimpse into the process of selling our old home to the building process of our new one!
I feel like the rest of my list is so silly compared to closing on a house, but here we go….other favorites from this week!
3. This Unicorn Magic Tumbler from Corkcicle. I love the fun color! (& Don’t forget your reusable straw!)
4. Classes started back for the college I teach at and my first week went well! I teach a night class once a week and this is my third semester at the helm.
5. Having a short week at work. I think every work week should only last four days.
6. I am obsessed with cows. Since I used to live on a farm, I wanted to make sure our new home and touches of country life in it. I snagged this print for $9 at Hobby Lobby and will be perfect for decorating this winter!
7. Planning our annual trip to STL! While our big ticket while we are there is the Ed Sheeran stadium concert, we are also looking into the zoo, some museums and lots of restaurants.
8. Murphy is always a favorite. Duh. But I do need to take some pictures of him.
I’ll try to pop in next week with a few posts, but no promises! I am excited to unplug and get away for a while.
One of my favorite parts of being a journalist is being invested in my community. Last night I was helping my husband (who is a sports journalist) by covering a local high school cross country meet. He knows nothing about XC and I ran in high school, so it was an easy decision who should be writing about running 😉
The race was at one of our local courses in town and one that I spent so much time at during high school. We practiced here, we raced here and my senior year, we were regional runner-ups at this course.
It holds a special place in my heart.
Seeing so many old friends, coaches and people in the running community who I’ve known for years was so fun. I was so proud of all the kids who were out there racing.
It made me miss a little sad and longing for my old high school team — but only for a minute. I’ve grown so much as a person and a runner since my time in high school and I wouldn’t trade that for anything.
I can’t wait to cover more races this season and give these runners some coverage they deserve. I know how hard it is to race every weekend and I think their accomplishments should be shared with the community.
I also got to introduce my photographer to the sport I love, which was fun. If any of you all have any questions about cross country, distance running or running in general, let me know! Shoot me an email, I’d love to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Tried the new mango dragonfruit refresher from Starbucks and it wasn’t too bad! Not my everyday drink, but something fun for every now and then.
6. I’ve been a lot more into social media lately than before (it comes and goes) so feel free to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest (@megkayrich), Facebook (Miles with Meghann) or Instagram (@mileswithmeghann).