Do you know how much more motivated I am to run now that I have a race on my calendar? While I know the “honeymoon” phase will (probably) wear off, right now I am happily jumping on the treadmill and cranking out the miles.
But with Christmas quickly approaching, I know I won’t be running every day — and that’s okay! My in-laws are coming to Kentucky for almost a full week and I am so excited for all the holiday events we have planned (looking at Christmas lights, watching Christmas movies, etc)
I am taking a relaxed approach to running through the Christmas season. While my health is a priority, so is my family. So I encourage you all to not stress about missing a run or eating an extra slice of Christmas dessert in the next few weeks.
I am so thankfulI get to run and that I have enough food on my table to have second helpings. Just remember others aren’t so lucky.
Work is over and I have time to kill before our office Christmas (bowling) party. I have so many random things I want to tell you all, so here they are in one sporadic post!
Eminem released his new album today and y’all…Revival is pretty dang good. While I’m not in love with all the songs (like I am with Recovery), they are some pretty solid tracks on this album. Give it a listen if you’re a Slim Shady fan. I’m positive you’ll add some of these songs to your workout playlist.
Reminder to self: no matter of a pinch I’m in, do NOT eat Taco Bell. Ugh. I’ve felt gross all day.
I posted a fun #fridayintroductions on Instagram (@mileswithmeghann) go check it out! I use lots of emojis and tell you random things about myself.
These Santa hat Rice Krispie treats are so cute and would be perfect for an upcoming holiday party. I saw this on Facebook and immediately saved the link for next week.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back here Monday morning. Catch me on Instagram if you want more miles with Meghann 😉
MY LAST FULL WEEK OF WORK (I’m planning on leaving a little early next Friday.)
I made it. We made it, friends. Let’s celebrate the weekend. Even though I have lots to do in order to get ready for family that is arriving next week, I am excited to get out and about this weekend.
2. My company Christmas party is tonight! Bowling and free fried chicken. Maybe not the fanciest party, but it’s always a good time. Last year I won a coffee mug!
3. This was an impulse purchase at Kroger Wednesday morning. I had to pick up a fruit tray for a work potluck and saw this while checking out. While I am usually a hot mocha girl all the way, this was still pretty good.
4. Honestly, I am so proud of this blog and what it has become. I don’t want it to sound brag-y, but this space is really important to me and I’m glad I get the chance to connect with others. That being said, running a blog is a lot of work and I’m glad I’ve pushed through the hard times to keep it up and running. I love chatting with you all!
5. On Thursday, I was dealing with a sick husband so I was up at 4 a.m. Instead of getting coffee on my way to work, I stopped by Chic-fil-A and got a chicken biscuit and TWO sweet teas. Y’all, their tea is the best of the best. CFA has my heart.
6. Give an Oiselle gift and get something for yourself too! They have lots of great ideas ranging in price (and some even less than $25!)
7. Some discounts from my inbox. While I hate getting lots of shopping/discount emails (I use Unroll.me to keep a handle on it) I do love to save money. Here are some great discounts that landed in my inbox this week.
Take 10% off any StrideBox subscription with code ALOHA10.
Brooks is offering 35% off their Launch 4 running shoes.
Free shipping on orders $45+ at Shutterfly.
8. Lunchtime fetch with Murphy is always so much fun. It gets my blood pumping (he is so fast!) and gets me outside for some fresh air (even when it is 30 degrees and super windy). I love using the burst option on the iPhone to take as many pictures as I can in a row. I always get some hilarious outtakes. Love love love this crazy pup of mine.
Happy Thursday! Today started off super early (like 4 a.m. early) due to having a sick husband. Not the best way to start my day, but thankfully he is off work today, so he can stay home and get lots of rest.
Before I dig into some work, I wanted to remind you all of a super awesome sale RnR is having.
Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the Rock ‘n Roll Nashville 2018 race as part of being a member of the Rock N Blog team. All opinions are my own.
Guys if you are thinking about signing up for a Rock N Roll Race for 2018, TODAY IS THE DAY. They are having a 24-hour sale for TODAY ONLY and these prices are crazy!
*Like $40-off-the-Nashville-marathon crazy* Come run with me!
I’m definitely running Nashville and since the STL race is canceled, I might try and make it to Chicago.
What RnR races are you running? Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram @mileswithmeghann.
I am SO pumped. You all know I’ve been talking about wanting to run another half (and break 2) or run a full marathon for a while now! Since the partnership with Run Rock n Roll came about, I decided it was a sign to take a leap of faith and register for the full marathon!
My training plan starts in January, so I’m going to take it easy during the holidays and run for fun, and then come the new year, hit it hard. I plan on blogging weekly about my training, weekly mileage, how I’m feeling + more!
So send me your recommendations, training tips and race recaps! I’ve heard Nashville is kind of a hilly course, so if you’ve ever run RnR Nashville, hit me up with what to expect. Thanks in advance for all your help! ❤
I love love love Christmas decorations. With less than two weeks until Christmas, my house, the community — everywhere I go is filled with holiday cheer! It makes my heart so full.
I’ve had a countdown going since Dec. 1 and almost all of our presents are wrapped and the under the tree. I’ve mailed Christmas cards and our stockings (monogrammed, of course) are hanging on our living room wall. Now I’m just waiting for the afternoon of the 22nd to be off from work and to have five days filled with food, presents and family time.
I secretly wish I could keep our tree up all year long. Sitting by a lit tree at night with a cup of hot chocolate in hand has to be one of the best things about the holiday. A lit tree just feels so magical! (A picture from earlier this month — now we have wrapped presents under the tree!)
The only thing I haven’t done this year is watch some of my favorite Christmas movies. I’m determined to watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Elf.
Colored lights or white lights?
What are your favorite Christmas movies?
GUYS GUYS GUYS. I am a part of the 2018 Rock N Blog team! For me and this little-blog-that-could this is a huge deal.
This space has been a way for me to vent about running, keep up with my progress and a way for me to connect with others runners. I am so hyped to be a part of this team. Getting the email announcement this morning made my week.
I’m hoping this means RnR Nashville will be my first marathon?! Fingers crossed!
About the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series With more than 600,000 runners taking part in 29 destination events around the world every year, more runners choose the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series than any other running series. Established in 1998, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series’ simple idea of making running fun has transformed the U.S. running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike.
That’s been my main thought this week. It has been so busy + crazy, that I’ve barely been home, much less have time to run. I’ve really been trying to make a good effort, but sometimes it just doesn’t happen — and that’s okay.
But one mile makes me feel so much better. Even though it may not be much, it gets my blood flowing, heart pumping and endorphins going throughout my body! I love it.
What are your thoughts?!Is running one mile better than nothing or a waste of time?