The best thing about today is when work is over, it’s the start of a 3-day weekend!
I hope you all have wonderful weekends spent in the sunshine, with family and friends and eating lots of good food. Ryan and I plan on grilling out tomorrow with some friends with work and then going to our county’s firework show Sunday night. Monday we’re going to my parent’s house for some BBQ and backyard games, so it’s about to be a busy weekend!
In usual Friday fashion, here is a roundup of some of my favorites from this week. Enjoy!
1. The U.S. Olympic Track Trials start tomorrow!
2. Ryan and I watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi and it was SO GOOD. It’s about the Sept. 11, 2012, Islamic militants attack the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. If you haven’t seen it, I definitely recommend checking it out at RedBox.
3. My new calendar image. I turned my desk calendar before I left yesterday and surprise! It’s penguins! Penguins are my absolute favorite animal and this picture is too darn cute. It makes me happy every time I look at it.
4. This top from Rikshaw Design screams summer to me. I love the bright colors.
5. Kate Spade: Up to 50% off plus + extra 30% off all sale with code SUNSHINE.
6. Julie over at PBFingers posted a mouth-watering recipe for Baked Ginger Chicken and I am excited to give it a try. I could eat baked/grilled chicken all day, every day and this recipe looks like a fun way to mix it up. I usually only cook lemon pepper or bbq chicken.
7. This event hosted at my hometown movie theatre. I love this idea and it’s great for welcoming those who might not always get to go and enjoy a movie.
8. Your weekly Murphy picture.