Guys. I don’t know about y’all but I am melting with all of this heat and humidity we’ve had in the Bluegrass state. Like it’s almost unbearable. Let’s not even talk about how ridiculous my afternoon runs are. So in hopes of helping you beat the heat this summer, here are some fun tips to help you stay nice and cool. *insert emoji with sunglasses*
• Ice cream date with your BFF
• Drink LOTS & LOTS of water. Remember to hydrate with water (not with sodas or alcoholic drinks)
• Relax. Remember to take a break every now and then. Whether it’s yard work and or running, don’t push yourself. It’s more important to be safe than to finish a workout or mowing the lawn.
• Eat some fruit. Fruit contains lots of water and some important nutrients. Eating melons, berries and other fruits throughout the heat of the year is an easy & tasty way to cool down and enjoy the summer temps.
• Don’t forget the sunscreen! Please remember to take care of yourself and your skin! Use SPF 15 or higher when outside and don’t forget to reapply. Also, look for UVA/UVB protection on the packaging.
• Go for a swim!
How do you stay cool during the dog days of summer?