FRIYAY. Isn’t Friday the best day of the work week? I love my job, but I also love the weekend. Friday is always filled with so much excitement for the days ahead — I love it. I don’t really have any plans for this weekend except for a 10 miler on Saturday. Other than that, it’s Ryan’s weekend to work, so me and Murph will probably clean and watch One Tree Hill. Party. Animals.
I’m still loving the Olympics. With track and field in full swing this week I have been glued to my TV every night watching all of the different races. So much USA pride for all of the men and women who broke records and took home medals.
Aside from me obsessing over the Olympics, here are this week’s Friday Favorites!
1. Women’s Winter: This is my life during the summer at work. I have an office sweater AND a fleece shawl and I still freeze to death every day. No cute summer dresses at work for this girl. It’s all capris/pants and the occasional maxi dress.
2. Preparing for the holidays! With Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, I am so excited to start decorating the house, buying presents and getting the holiday spirit.
5. Getting out of my comfort zone and running with a local running group on Tuesday. I was SO nervous before hand and now I see how silly it was to be scared. Runners are generally nice people and I nothing to afraid of.
7. Raspberry scones from Great Harvest Bread Co. MacKenzie and I have been having weekly best friend breakfast dates (since that’s the only time we are free) and I’ve been trying to change up what I get every time. On Tuesday this scone caught my eye and oh my gosh it was delicious. The icing on the top probably helped since I have a huge sweet tooth, but you can still taste the fresh fruit that’s baked inside each one.
8. Murphy always being our little guard dog. Even though he barks at anything outside that moves, he’s sometimes scared of his own shadow. He’s the best.