GUYS. How is it already October 14? I swear time is flying by. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years will be here before we know it! (not that I’m complaining)
This week was jammed pack with work, tv shows, and lots of salads. Sadly, I only ran two days this week, but I’m to run today, tomorrow and Sunday. Fingers crossed the weather and my schedule complies.
I hope you all have a great weekend! Below is your usual Friday Favorites blog post with a short list of the things that are making me smile this week. As always, I’d love for you to tell me some of your favorites from the week in the comments section of this post!
*If you want more favorites and behind-the-scenes of my crazy life, follow me on Instagram@megkayrich. 😘
1. MY drinks. There are certain go-to drinks I have that always make any day feel like a treat. Panera’s carmel latte and a Sonic cherry limadeade or two of them. With all the long hours at work this week, I’ve splurged on both of these to help me get through the days. So worth the extra bucks.
2. Personalized (almost) everything.
This is random, but after wandering around TJMaxx one day, I saw the cutest spoon holder and decided I wanted one with an R for our kitchen. Well for weeks every time I went in, they had basically every other letter but the one I was looking for. On Sunday, mom and I stopped by TJ Maxx and low and behold, there it was! I love adding things to our home that represent us (and our name). Plus every good southern woman loves a well placed monogram.
3. International Day of the Girl was Tuesday. Here is a roundup of some of my favorites posts from the day:
From dayofthegirl.org — ” October 11 is not just a day; it’s a movement. A worldwide revolution. We want ourselves, and girls everywhere, to be seen as equals, in the eyes of others and in our own eyes.”
4. Pumpkin cake doughnuts. There is a tiny, local doughnut shop down the road from the newspaper office. It has the best doughnuts in town, hands down. My favorite is the traditional chocolate long john, but for fall they have a pumpkin cake doughnut that is delicious.
5. UK media day was yesterday. So hype for college basketball season to return. C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!
8. After going to the vet on Monday, Murphy got rewarded for being such a good pup with a new bed and stuffed animal!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and is just a list of my favorite things from this week.