I love parties and hosting. From the food, the friends and fellowship, I love hosting others in our home or even planning parties elsewhere.
The great thing about daytime parties (my favorite time is 2 p.m.) is they are a breeze to throw together! You don’t need a full meal, just something sweet to nibble on. So I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ideas and recipes to help make your next daytime party a hit. Enjoy!
Let’s be real — I use the Nestle Toll House pre-cut cookie dough. It works fine and they are so good. I under cook them just a little so they are extra soft and chewy.
- Chocolate Cake, prepared (I used ½ of a 9×13 devils food box cake)
- Chocolate Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake. I used two big spoonfuls. See video)
- 2 boxes Premium white chocolate ( I used Baker’s brand)
- cake pop sticks
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
- Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare all of your decorating supplies.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer.
- Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
- Place into the freezer to speed up setting time.
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE-STRAWBERRY PARFAIT
1 container (5.3 oz) strawberry Greek yogurt
1/4 cup Chocolate Chex™ cereal
1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Place half of the yogurt (about 1/3 cup) in bottom of 8-oz glass or small canning jar. Sprinkle half of cereal over yogurt in glass, then sprinkle with half of the chopped strawberries.
Top with remaining yogurt, cereal and strawberries.
Presentation/Garnish: Top parfait with mini chocolate chips for added indulgence.
Substitution: Swap Vanilla Chex™ cereal for the Chocolate Chex™ cereal, if desired.
Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.