It’s Friday! & Alllllmost a three day weekend. At least for me, I get the weekend, back to work on Monday and then I’m off on Tuesday for Independence Day!
My plans for the weekend include hitting some yard sales with my mom, mowing the yard (it never ends.) and hanging out with my husband and pup. A nice mix of fun, work and relaxation.
What are your weekend plans?
Before the weekend begins, let’s start today off with my usual Friday Favorites post.
1. YES. Such a good post on how to become the eater you want to be.
“I don’t eat to live. My life is about SO MUCH MORE than eating healthy food. Food does not have one purpose and one purpose only. It’s so much more than functional and medicinal. When I think of food as medicine, I think of it helping to heal. And it does! Apples and kale and lentils are the physical aspect of that. The fiber and phytonutrients help prevent and delay disease. But salted chocolate chip cookies with my best friend and pizza with my boyfriend feeds my soul and satisfies me in a way that kale simply cannot.”
2. Blueberry smoothies. On Tuesday, I woke up late and feeling terrible, so I decided to make a healthy smoothie with lots of nutrients to kick my butt in gear. Also, this cute cup doesn’t hurt anything.
3. A great story out of my alma mater. Go Racers!
4. I went rock climbing on Thursday. I can wait to write the recap post. It was so much fun!
5. Going through old family pictures with my mom. These are some gems.
6. I’ve been looking for a new doormat and these custom ones from Etsy are so cute. Plus, if I can include Murphy — I’m all about it.
7. Such a neat story from Trail Runner Magazine about believing in yourself and perseverance. Good job, Cat!
Also. Has any of you all ever completed a trail race before? Definitely a bucket list item for me.