is here and we are half way through the month of September! This week has been very busy and this weekend will be no different! I am so looking forward to the end of the month and our mini-vacay to STL to watch some baseball and eat + drink all of the goodies!
Until then, it’s work work work. Workout. Run. LIFE ALL THE HEAVY THINGS. Repeat.
1. Jenny Simpson snagged her sixth win and fifth consecutive at the 5th Avenue Mile. She also matched the 27-year-old course record, winning in 4:16.6. CRAZY FAST.
2. Probably my new favorite Instagram account.
A happy workspace is a productive workspace. I have pictures of Ryan and Murphy at my desk and anytime I look at them, they automatically cheers me up.
4. A runDisney race is on my bucket list for sure! Check out this RW article about Why You Need to runDisney.
5. Total Body HIIT workout. Plus I love these super cute tights I found at TJ Maxx.
6. Truth. Do you have a tv show or movie you can watch time and again without getting bored?
7. Apple Watch commercial featuring Kara Goucher. I’ve been wanting an Apple Watch for months and now I’m really debating splurging on the AW3 for Christmas. Any Apple Watch users want to chime? I’ve also looked at other Garmin and Fitbit watches, but I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of them yet.
8. Murph passed out on the kitchen floor after playing with his toys at my parent’s house earlier this week. He is such a ham.
What a crazy week it has been! With Monday being the holiday and yesterday being a vacation day for me, this week has been all kinds of busy. But also so much fun.
Before we get into my usual Friday Favorites post, I just want to take a minute to remind you all of all the struggle so many people are going through right now. With so many people displaced from Hurricane Harvey and so many more trying to flee Florida, our country and its people need lots of prayers. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who are struggling during this difficult time.
All of these “favorites” seem so silly compared to the big picture. If I had to pack up my bags and flee my home, the only thing on this list that would come with me is Murphy. Material possessions can be replaced, people and pups can’t.
1. All of this Alabama apparel from Game Day Couture is super cute for fall football! We got a W last Saturday in the opening game, so I’m hoping that trend continues for the entire season. ROLL TIDE.
2. A short work week! Yay for holidays and vacation days.
3. Spending lots of quality time with Ryan, Murphy and my parents. It does my soul good to be surrounded by those I love.
4. I got the chance to boulder some yesterday while rock climbing. My strength has improved so much over the last couple of months and while I didn’t last long, it was a great start!
5. I’m wrapping this post up with five items instead of eight. Other than my husband, this little pup is the most important thing in my home. Hug your loved ones this weekend. Call your mom. Give love and grace to others.
Talk to you all Monday!
Happy three day weekend! With Labor Day being on Monday, both Ryan and I are off and I am so excited. With him having to work every Saturday, Sundays are our only true day together, so I’m pumped for an extra 24 hours with my main man.
Before I can jump into the long weekend, I need to wrap up some things at work and get in a run to start off my favorite month of the year.
So let’s chat about Friday Favorites.
1. I scheduled out the rest of my vacation days for 2017. Since Ryan and I didn’t take an actual week-long vacation this year, I got to spread my days. Well I basically didn’t use any vacation days the first half of the year, so now I have a bunch to use before I lose them.
2. Healthy Snacks from CVS. We have a CVS rightnextdoor to work, I walk over there all the time to get snacks when my stash is running low. I love that they are offering healthier options! Even though occasionally Sour Patch Kids somewhere sneak into my basket.
3. With the devastation of Houston, I’ve seen so many groups and business and individuals come together to show their support and raise money and volunteer their time. Keeping praying for those who had to evacuate, those still in their homes and all the emergency responders risking their lives to save others.
4. Fantasy Football starts on Sunday for my group of friends and I’m so pumped. My team name is Gridiron and Wine and I’m ready to take home a win this year.
5. I survived my second week of teaching, which involved giving a quiz, assigning an article, grading papers and so much more. I love challenging myself and this job is perfect. I am learning just as much as I am teaching.
6. The best recovery routine for rest days. A great video and explanation from Runner’s World.
7. My post on five easy bbq recipes from earlier this week.
8. This is what happens when I take all the sheets off the bed for them to be washed.
For some reason this week, Friday Favorites is mainly about food! Not that I am complaining, at least most of its healthy!
So lets get this party started….
1. This is such a neat little post on perspective. I also love when my home is “party-ready.” It makes me feel proud of the space my little family shares with others.
2. I am in love with these bowls from Aldi! Sadly our Aldi is being renovated for the next month, so until then I am day dreaming of this lunchtime deliciousness.
3. This 45 minute treadmill interval workout is a killer! Give it a try. You’ll definitely work up a sweat.
4. I have been on a huge sandwich/wrap kick lately and Anne’s post from last Friday made my mouth water at my desk! Not only are her pictures gorgeous, but all of her ideas are great! Can’t wait to mix up my lunches this week.
5. Since Aldi is closed, I am having to get all my groceries at Kroger. I picked up this bread since I was looking for something healthier than regular bread and I think I found a winner! *Kroger Clicklist is still going strong as well.*
6. I taught my first college class Wednesday night and it was a success. I am so proud of myself for advancing in my career and branching out to try new things. Here’s a fun semester of teaching AND learning.
7. It is sorta/kinda starting to feel like fall. The early mornings are when I notice it the most. No more humidity before 8 a.m.! I love it. I can’t wait for the upcoming months!
8. Earlier this week I bought Murphy a bandana from PetSmart that said Fantasy Football Legend. It’s so cute! Since we are about to start Fantasy Football season (my husband and I are very competitive) I thought this would be perfect for Murph.
The heat and humidity is back and brutal. After a couple weeks of nice weather, I am dreading the heat and humidity that is only going to get worse from here.
On the agenda for this weekend — house and yard work on Saturday and Holiday World on Sunday! It’ll probably be our last time heading up to Holiday World for the summer, so we are planning to stay from open to close! I am so excited.
1. I’m just going to leave this here as a little reminder.
2. I’ve been reading Daily Garnish for almost seven years. I read this post not too long after it was originally published, but for some reason, when I was searching through her blog earlier this week, it popped up again and I am SO glad it did.
3. I hit my highest milage week this summer. Yay for longer runs and treadmill miles that help keep me sane.
4. Totally random, but for work earlier this week, I got to tour a 3.8 million dollar house! It was so crazy and so pretty — six bedrooms and six bathrooms. I would not even know what to do with that much space!
5. If you’ve read this blog some time, you know my guilty pleasure show is DCC: Making the Team. This week was finals which includes the solo rounds! It’s one of my favorite aspects of the tryout and I love seeing the dancers perform something unique to them.
6. With all the talk about the solar eclipse that is happening on Monday, NASA is streaming a 360-degree video of the event. How neat!
7. Still loving Kroger Clicklist. Forever and always.
8. Another week, another new toy.
FRIDAY FRIDAY, gotta get down on Friday. I am so happy for the weekend. Since we traveled and Ryan worked last weekend, I feel like we haven’t spent any time together lately. I am super pumped for date night tomorrow and being lazy together on Sunday.
Before I get into the work day, I want to share some of my favorites from this week with you all.
1. Just a few of the crazy moments from #London2017 Track & Field World Championships. I’ve been following a long on Twitter and even more craziness (like an unfair DQ) have happened since this orignal article was posted.
2. I love these spirit tassel earrings from Draper James. Now I’m just torn on whether to get UK Blue for basketball season or Crimson for Alabama football?! Maybe I’ll just get them both?!
3. On Wednesday I woke up super early for no good reason, so I decided to take advantage of the extra time and headed to Panera for some breakfast and blogging. I got a post up and several posts drafted and had a delicious everything bagel + cream cheese, a water and a latte.
I love having some time in the mornings to myself to accomplish some things before the work day begins.
4. Wednesday was also the first day of school around here, and while I am not in school anymore, I still love the hustle and bustle and excitement that comes with a new school year.
* I am actually teaching a mass communications at a local college one night a week for the fall semester, so I am excited to be back in the classroom.
5. I saw these super cute tumblers on Emily Ley’s Instastories and screenshot it for future reference. I wish they had a KY design, but Ashley Brooke Designs has lots of other cute ones to choose from!
6. Tuesday I hit the trails at a local park for some trail running and it was awesome + therapeutic. The best kind of running.
7. I have been trying to have more of a grateful, open heart lately and I really think it has helped my mindset.
8. Murphy got another hedgehog toy since he demolished his last one, and for some reason he is a lot more gentle with Larry (every toy has a name). I’m a total #dogmom and I love it.
Whew! This was week was long and busy.
We are headed down to Tennessee this weekend to celebrate Ryan’s parent’s anniversary and his dad’s birthday, which were both earlier this week. I’m excited for some family time and a little mini road trip with my two favorite boys.
1. My brand new Emily Ley Simplified Planner officially started on Monday! I love a paper planner and I already feel organized and ready to tackle the school year/second of the calendar year.
2. Frozen yogurt bark. SO simple to make and only three ingredients!
3. Smoothie bowls have been an absolute staple in my diet this week. I love how I can easily change them up to satisfy whatever craving I have and I am getting in so many greens! #drinkyourgreens Seriously, I love how many more nutrients I am able to get into smoothies. Plus since it’s still summer, I’m allll about fresh fruit.
4. I followed this workout on Wednesday and holy crap are burpees a killer. I only did 15 and I thought I was going to fall over and die.
5. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team (my guilty pleasure show) started a new season last night. I love this show for some random reason and it really is amazing to see the athletic ability these girls have in order to make the team.
6. I found my old iPod and found tons of old high school tunes. Such a great find.
7. Stop using running as a punishment.
8. One of Murphy’s new favorite toys. When he’s not trying to rip the rope into a million pieces, he loves playing tug-of-war with it.
Another week has come and gone AND we are almost to August. It is crazy to be how fast time seems to fly sometimes.
With another hot weekend on the horizon, my plans are to play with Murphy in his “puppy pool” ($10 plastic kiddie pool), try to get a couple good runs/workouts in and stay inside out of the heat and humidity.
Before I retreat indoors for the majority of the weekend, I want to share some of my favorite things from this week.
1. Blackberries! I randomly picked up a small carton of blackberries and they were all gone in two days. I forgot how much I love this sweet and tart snack. I definitely plan on buying more when I go to the grocery tomorrow.
2. This is a two-for-one. While playing around on Twitter earlier this week, I came across both of these article from MotivRunning. Enjoy!
4. I love a good podcast and earlier this week Anne from Fannetastic Food rounded up a pretty good list of podcasts — a mix of everything. Check it out if you need some inspiration on what to listen to next.
5. This verse and background from She Reads Truth.
6. I have still been on a smoothie kick this week, so I have been buying all kinds of frozen fruit mixes from Aldi and Kroger. I love the mixed berries and ones with frozen greens in them! Sneaking spinach into my smoothies has been the best way for me to get some extra nutrients lately. Not only do they taste great, but they make me feel engerized and not sluggish.
7. I got this candle earlier this week when browsing through the clearance aisles at TJMaxx. I love the smell. Reminds me of growing up out in the country 🙂
8. Afternoon naps with Murph.
Today’s Friday Favorites is very running-related — which makes me so happy. Not only have I been having an interesting week with running (so many ups and downs!) but there have been lots of interesting running and race-related things in the news. Enjoy!
1. Galen Rupp and Jordan Hasay lead the American contenders at the Chicago Marathon in October.
* Joan Benoit Samuelson is also going for an age group world record on October 8.
2. To celebrate their 100th issue, Women’s Running is having you create your own cover! Upload your favorite photo & share your cover using #MyWRcover.
3. Running GPS vs. Course Length. The infographic, shows how certified running courses are methodically measured and explains why your GPS distance may not always match the official course distance.
4. 20 minute treadmill workout.
5. Locash, a relatively new country band is coming to Owensboro tonight! I’m so excited for a free date night with Ryan.
6. I have been a smoothie kick all week. Nothing feels better after a hot run or a long day than a cold, refreshing smoothie. Blueberry smoothie (with some frozen spinach thrown in!) has been my favorite lately.
7. 21 Quick Trail Running Tips.
8. I love ending my Friday Favorites post with a picture of Murphy. He just makes me so happy and I hope you all enjoy seeing him on the blog every week.
It’s Friday! Today has already started off with me crushing one of my deadlines and someone brought doughnuts into work. It’s going to be a good day.
My plans for this evening are to celebrate the end of a another week with my favorite girls at Friday After 5.
Anyways. Let’s talk favorites.
1. Okay, so I know this is not a new thing, but after seeing all kinds of Facebook ads for Halo Top ice cream, I decided to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about. I actually had a coupon from Kroger for a free pint, so it was perfect timing.
Guys. I love it. So far, I’ve tried the lemon and red velvet flavors and they were both amazing. While it is a little pricey, it doesn’t have any fake ingredients in it and has lots of protein! So I think it’s worth the splurge. While I don’t keep ice cream in the house all time (I would totally pig out on it every night) it is nice to have a cool summer treat waiting for me after a hot summer day.
2. The best blueberry smoothie. I had it three times for lunch this week. I also threw in some frozen spinach so some extra greens! It was delicious.
3. For all of you summer racers. How to race when it’s really, really hot.
4. This prickly pear drink recipe from Julie looks delicious! I can’t wait to give it a try this weekend.
5. I got some exciting work-related news earlier this week. I love the line of work I am in and I am excited to continue to learn and grow in the communications & media field.
6. I’ve been getting into social media a little more.
Follow along on Instagram for snapshots and videos of my wonderful & crazy life. Plus I post lost of pictures of Murphy — what more could you want?!
7. Such a great article on Charlotte Jones Anderson and how she became the most powerful woman in football.
8. Murphy can nap anywhere. It’s hilarious.
Have a great weekend! Talk to guys on Monday! 🙂