Happy Monday, friends! This weekend was a busy one in the Richardson household, but it was filled with good food and drinks, sports and friends! This post is a little random, but here is a look into my weekend!
What did your weekend look like?
Friday night we celebrated Cinco de Mayo at home with lots of tacos and margaritas. Not that we need excuse to make tacos, but one always helps 😉
*Those plastic margarita glasses were only 99 cents at Kroger!
I mentioned on Friday in my Friday Favorites post that I was going to meet one of my best friend’s son for the first time! He is so handsome and I was so happy to get in lots of baby cuddles.
Ryan and I both drew Irish War Cry in our respective Derby pools at work, but alas, no win for us. Congrats to everyone who picked Always Dreaming to win the 143rd Kentucky Derby!
Chick-fil-A is always a good idea. I hate cooking on the weekends so getting CFA always feels like a treat!
I finally picked up a pair of calf sleeves yesterday from Academy Sports and I can’t wait to try them out! These are the ones I got if you’re curious.
The rest of this week should include lots of graduation-related projects at work, treadmill running and yard work.
Bring it on.
*T-minus two weeks until my birthday! Insert confetti emoji.
It’s birthday month! I am someone who loves birthdays, so birthday month is a big deal to me! Plus Ryan and I take our yearly trip to STL in May. Go Cards!
This week was my first full work week in more than two weeks, so it felt super long — but also super productive! This time of year is super busy with my job, but I love feeling accomplished after a long day at work.
Before the weekend can begin let’s talk Friday Favorites and get through another work day.
1. I get to meet one of my best friend’s baby! My very first best friend had her first child a little more than a month and I get to meet him for the first time tomorrow. I am so excited for some baby snuggles and quality time with my friend.
3. Is there really such a thing as too many shoes?! Even with running shoes, I like to have several pairs to rotate (plus I like to match my outfits) Currently eyeing these bad boys.
4. This was from @pbfingers insta story several days ago. These snack balls look delicious. Check out her blog if you haven’t already.
5. Breaking 2. (which has a neat hashtag emoji on Twitter) The world attempt at breaking 2 hours in the marathon is taking place tomorrow morning in Italy (or roughly 10:45 p.m.Friday where I’m at in Kentucky)
Runner’s World has an entire page on their site dedicated to all the info you need to know for the sub-2 attempt. It’s pretty interesting stuff. Check it out here.
6. 2016 Road Race Trends. I love looking at all the nuts and bolts of running. Like how in 2016, there were 16,957,100 finishers of 30,400 running events in the U.S. So neat! How many did you finish? 7. YES YES YES. I am in love with these sandals from Draper James + Jack Rogers.
8. I love afternoons with Murphy. He still sucks at fetch, so I usually just end up chasing him around the yard while he holds a ball in his mouth. #dogmom
So the other day on Instagram I saw a post from one of the healthy living bloggers I follow about the concept of eating a monomeal. It’s intrigued me, so I decided to do some research.
A monomeal is a meal comprised of one food, usually raw fruits or vegetables. Simple as that! For example, a bowl of fresh pineapple chunks or six oranges or a smoothie of just bananas and water or half a watermelon or a medley of bell pepper slices.
Basically, we have complicated our lives and our food. More is not better.
Think about a smoothie. Smoothies with 10 ingredients are usually unnecessary – try a smoothie with only 3-4 ingredients. Your gut will thank you.
So I mentioned on the blog a couple weeks ago in one of my Friday Favorites post that I had won two tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2Soul tour. Well, the concert was Friday night and it was awesome!
I have been a huge Tim and Faith fan basically all my life, so to see the two together in concert was amazing.
I took a vacation day from work on Friday and Ryan and I headed to Louisville around lunch so we could explore the city some and eat before the concert.
During the opening band, two of our friends surprised us and showed up with seats right next to ours!
***Some background info for you – the tickets we won were from our local country radio station. Several of us at work teamed up together to win a radio game called Codebreakers. The game lasted four weeks and every week was a new prize. Week one was a concert lovers package with tickets to five different concerts. Since I picked the winning numbers, I got to choose a pair of tickets that I wanted and the rest were split among the others at work. Well the week four prize was another concert lovers package of sorts and had more tickets to see Tim and Faith. The two other girls from work had won that morning and left work early to make it to the concert and surprise us! It was such a fun time and I’m glad we all got to experience it.***
Tim and Faith performed some of their most recent big hits like, “Speak To A Girl,” “Humble and Kind” and a song off their album they are working on currently that will release this fall “Breakaway.”
They also sang old favorites like “This Kiss,” “Breathe,” Live Like You Were Dying,” and “I Need You.”
My favorite part of the concert is where Tim stopped singing and let the entire crowd sing the chorus to “Live Like You Were Dying.” Seriously, it gave me chills. It was such a cool moment.
While I hated for the concert to end, I am so glad we got the chance to go! And for free!
Driving home in the rain and hail wasn’t fun, but thankfully we made it back okay. I crashed as soon as we got home and ended up writing this recap from my laptop in bed.
I hope you all had a great weekend! Back with some more running and recipes later this week!
It’s FRIDAY! I am off work today and headed to Louisville to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2SOul tour!
I hope you all have a fun weekend with family and friends. I’ll report back Monday with lots of pictures from the concert, but feel free to follow along with me on my Instastory – @megkayrich.
Now. Let’s talk favorites!
1. YES. This is me. Anyone else jam out in the car while driving to/from work? The best is when a good song comes on when I leave work at 5 p.m. It puts me in such a great mood for the rest of the night. 2. Family creates Blockbuster at home for son with autism after store closes. This is so precious. Family first. Always.
3. Such a good read on detoxes and “detox diets”. Get the facts before you start any type of lifestyle change.
4. We have had some gorgeous weather this week. All of the sunshine is making me itch to be on the lake. I love spending summer weekends on the water.
5. So Ryan has been playing this game on his phone called BALLZ all week. It’s super addicting and pretty fun. Now instead of Candy Crush, I’m playing this all the time.
6. This. Thanks, MilePosts.
7. Oiselle turned 10 years old this week! They have been having some great sales all week long and I am ready to press buy with a cart full of goodies like these Roga shorts and flyte tank.
8. Murphy thinks he is king of the bed. We get our new king-sized bed lat week and it is AMAZING. Seriously best adult purchase we’ve ever made.
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and start to another work week. This weekend was productive and relaxing, which is just the way I like it!
Guys. I’ve ran splits this week and last that I haven’t seen in years!!! (Yes, !!! are needed) I finally decided even thought I don’t have any upcoming races, that I am going to loosely train like I am prepping for a half marathon.
Sunday – Rest or a shakeout run. I honestly do better if I can get my legs moving every day.
Monday – Easy 3 miles. Conversation pace.
Tuesday – Short run and workout dvd (this is includes lots of squat jumps, pushups and ab work)
Wednesday – 6×400 @ 9 minute/mile pace.
Thursday – 3-5 miles. Moderate pace.
Friday – Shakeout run.
Saturday – Long run.