Today my favorite pup is two years old! He got lots of extra cuddles, birthday cake bones and extra games of fetch.
The weather was so nice yesterday afternoon I had a mini photoshoot outside with Murphy. At least until he got distracted.
Only one more full work week before Christmas! I am so excited to get through the next seven days and then relax and spend time with my family.
Before I start day dreaming of the weekend, let’s stick our normal Friday schedule around here and talk about some Friday Favorites!
1. Writing fun stories at my job. Earlier this week I got to interview a young man who locked himself in a dog kennel to raise money for the animal shelter. He broadcasted the whole thing on Facebook Live and I popped up to say before I did my interview with him.
2. This rendition of Jolene by Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus and Penatonix is awesome. They performed it on The Voice a few weeks ago and it’s definitely worth checking out.
3. MY TREADMILL IS PUT TOGETHER. So happy. Will report back next week with a full review.
4. For all my dog lovers out there, here is a fun Buzzfeed quiz for you!
What matching holiday sweaters should you and your dog get?
5. If you’re still looking for Christmas gifts for the runner in your life, check out my gift guide for runners for all kinds of ideas!
6. Check out this story from Runners World. It’s a oldie, but a goodie.
His brain and body shattered in a horrible accident as a young boy, Bret Dunlap thought just being able to hold down a job, keep an apartment, and survive on his own added up to a good enough life. Then he discovered running.”
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week.
What a great weekend. So much food, family, football and shopping. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Now onto Christmas!
We finished decorating the house for Christmas and I’m in love! Murphy loves the tree (mainly the ornaments because he thinks they are balls to play with) and I love getting in the Christmas spirit. Also, a lit Christmas tree is one of the prettiest sights in the world (technically, I say this about a lot of things, but it’s still gorgeous)
Ryan and I scored some pretty sweet deals when we went Black Thursday/Friday shopping. I got these awesome Nikes and tested them out Saturday on a walk/run at the park with Murphy.
While I normally wouldn’t shop on a holiday, my mom and brother both had to work and Ryan and I had to work Friday, so Thursday night was the most convenient time for us. We hit up Shoe Carnival and Kohl’s (super good deals!!!) and then called it a night. We waited in line at Kohl’s for almost two hours, but saved more than $400. So I think it was worth it. I also woke up early Friday and hit up our mall (which is nothing to write home about) and snagged a purse to replace mine that has been tearing at the seams.
On Saturday I took Murphy to PetSmart to take advantage of some their Black Friday weekend deals. All grooming services were half off, so we got the works done. Murphy wasn’t a happy camper, but he looked and smelled so much better when it was all said and done.
Sunday was hanging with friends, grocery shopping and catching up on Gotham.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let me know below in the comments one great thing that happened over the last few days.
Hi guys! Are you excited about the weekend as I am?! I felt like I got no good sleep all week, so I’m looking forward to not setting an alarm tomorrow morning.
1. I don’t know why I am just now finding out about these, but Emily Ley has state desktop wallpapers! If you’ve been reading for a while, you know my love for Emily Ley. Her planners, style and overall outlook on life are something I admire. Check out all of her free printables and wallpapers here.
2. Favorite Tailgate Recipes <– I regularly look at the Southern Weddings blog. It’s great even if you’re not planning a wedding. So many cute, Southern ideas that go beyond marriage.
3. With the upcoming election, how cute is this Vote Y’all tote from Draper James?! Also, no matter who you’re for or against, please exercise your right to vote! We are so lucky to live a country that respects democracy. Express your freedom and vote! *insert American flag emoji*
4. I love Pitbull memes. Every time I tell someone Murphy is part Pit, they get a little worried. Murphy is seriously the cuddliest pup ever. People need to stop judging dogs based on breeds.
5. I’m slowly trying to up my social media game. Well I’m not a big fan of Snapchat, I do love Instagram and Twitter. Give me a follow if you want to see random tidbits of running, food, my pup and my crazy (and mostly boring) life 😉 @megkayrich
7. THE GREAT PUMPKIN is on tv basically all weekend. Heck. Yes.
8. Always on the lookout (mainly for rabbits he can chase).
A few weeks ago, the family was at the park to take some of my brother’s senior pictures and basically just to get out of the house and enjoy the day. Since we had the “nice camera” out, we decided to try and take some really nice pictures of Murphy.
Instead…this is what we got. Enjoy!
Maybe not the best, but definitely pretty funny to look back on. I love this pup so much and I’m so thankful for everyday he is in mine and Ryan’s life.