*Sorry for the blog problems this morning! This post published only half finished? So odd! I think everything is back to normal now.
WE ARE LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM THANKSGIVING. Can you tell I am excited?
Before the craziness of next weeks starts, let’s talk Friday Favorites.
1. Every Wednesday I eat supper at Panera before I teach my night class. This week I branched out from my usual order and tried their new turkey and cranberry flatbread. OMG it was SO good. Definitely a new favorite. And you can never go wrong with their broccoli and cheese soup.
3. My Turkey 5 miler is tomorrow! I’m not really worried about time, but it will be fun to race again. Are any of your racing this weekend? I know a lot of turkey trots wait until Thanksgiving day, but we like to have ours a little early 🙂
4. This song came on the radio earlier this week and I forgot that this used to be my jam back in the day.
5. Ryan and I have been addicted to playing Words with Friends 2. It’s been so fun racking my brain for crazy words. Even though I’ve lost almost every game, it’s still so fun to play.
Well guys. I had Chick-fil-A for TWO meals today. Oops.
I didn’t even mean for it to happen this way. I had to take Murphy to my parent’s house this morning and on the way over there I realized I hadn’t eaten breakfast. Chicken biscuits are my favorite breakfast to splurge on and sweet tea is like my coffee. I love it and I need it every day.
Lunch was pretty normal/healthy (thankfully! CFA twice a day cannot be great for me) Turkey sandwich and strawberries with lots and lots of water.
After work, I had about 15 minutes to get some food before I needed to head to campus to teach. Chick-fil-A is super close to the college, so that’s where I went + I could eat chicken all day, every day. #noshame
What did you eat today? I love reading other WIAW posts. Feel free to share with me in the comments!
This post is NOT sponsored by Chick-fil-A. I just really love their food.
Happy Saturday! Popping in for just a quick post on what I ate today. It’s fun documenting what all I eat in a day and I always love reading these posts. Enjoy!
Before lunch I was cleaning out my fridge and ended up eating a few bites of cookie dough. If kale tasted like cookie dough, I’m sure I would be a heck of a lot healthier.
Lunch: Blueberry and spinach bowl. I have been on a huge smoothie bowl kick lately and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon.
Snack: pineapple popsicle!
Supper: Since today has been kind of crazy, I’m looking forward to something simple, fast and easy for supper tonight. These frozen meals from Aldi are the perfect thing! They are made healthy ingredients and don’t have all the extra sodium that most frozen meals have.
With summer winding down, I thought now would be the perfect time to post some easy bbq recipes. For me, one of the best parts of summer is getting to grill out. Since KY is known for our barbecue, I thought I would share some of my favorites with you all.
4. I have been on a huge sandwich/wrap kick lately and Anne’s post from last Friday made my mouth water at my desk! Not only are her pictures gorgeous, but all of her ideas are great! Can’t wait to mix up my lunches this week.
5. Since Aldi is closed, I am having to get all my groceries at Kroger. I picked up this bread since I was looking for something healthier than regular bread and I think I found a winner! *Kroger Clicklist is still going strong as well.*
6. I taught my first college class Wednesday night and it was a success. I am so proud of myself for advancing in my career and branching out to try new things. Here’s a fun semester of teaching AND learning.
7. It is sorta/kinda starting to feel like fall. The early mornings are when I notice it the most. No more humidity before 8 a.m.! I love it. I can’t wait for the upcoming months!
8. Earlier this week I bought Murphy a bandana from PetSmart that said Fantasy Football Legend. It’s so cute! Since we are about to start Fantasy Football season (my husband and I are very competitive) I thought this would be perfect for Murph.
We all know the saying “an apple a day keep the doctor away,” but an orange a day could be just as helpful.
There are a ton of reasons why eating an orange a day is a good idea — not only are they low in calories and full of nutrients, they promote clear, healthy skin and can help to lower our risk for many diseases. Plus they are delicious!
A healthy dose of vitamin C—in which oranges are concentrated—provides antioxidant protection and immune support.
Can reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Good source of fiber.
One orange provides a range of vitamins and minerals and a staggering 130 percent of your vitamin C needs for the day.
Helps reduce your chance of stomach ulcers.
While all fruits and vegetables provide their own greatness, I love eating oranges in the summertime after a long run. Something about the sweet and tartness of an orange gets me every time. They are truly one of my favorites fruits.
I am not a registered dietician. This is all advice and facts I have learned through the years through my interest of food and nutrition.
I am a snacker. While some days I am totally fine with three square meals a day, most days I need a snack between lunch and supper. Some days Ryan doesn’t get off work until 7, so we don’t eat supper until 7:30 or 8. On those nights, I am HANGRY and have to grab something after my workout before I go crazy.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite (and mostly healthy!) snacks. Have a snack you think I should try?! Let me know in the comments below!
KIND Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
Smoothies! SO much goodness in a cup. Here, here and here are some my favorites recipes.
Fresh cold pressed juices.
Blue Diamond Almonds.
Cherry Limeade from Sonic!
Fresh fruit! Especially in the summer after a long, hot run.