Happy happy Friday, friends! I am only working a half day today because our new bedroom furniture is getting delivered! I am so excited for our new king sized bed! Now there will be more than enough my, Ryan and Murphy (if you’re new here, that’s our sweet pup!)
But before the fun begins, let’s go over some of my favorites from the week.
1. I tried a sample of these coconut energy balls earlier this week when I went to our local juice bar and oh my gosh they are delicious! I’m really thinking about ordering some to keep in my desk at work.
2. Speaking of our local juice bar, on Wednesday I was feeling super sluggish and tired, so I decided to stop into Wheatgrass Juice Bar and get one of their cold-pressed juices. I ordered Turn Up The Beet and it hit the spot! It had beet, apple, carrot, cucumber and ginger and it was delicious. You could really taste the ginger — it had a little kick to it.
3. In case you missed my post on Tuesday about some of the highlights from Monday’s Boston Marathon, this post sums it up pretty well too.
4. While this is a lot more than I would spend on a top, this Draper James top is adorable! So if you have some extra cash to spend – this would be a great buy for this spring and summer!
6. I won free lunch for me + my coworkers on Thursday from Penn Station. It was a nice surprise treat to end my work week.
7. I have been loving my foam roller this week after getting in some pretty good tempo runs and speed workouts. While I don’t think this one needs replacing any time soon, I am thinking about looking into a more aggressive roller (maybe something like this one?)
8. Look at this cutie hanging out in his crate. 😍😍😍
Another week, another Wednesday. Since I actually remembered to photograph my food today, I thought I would share another WIAW post. I always love reading these on other people’s blogs — so here we go!
Let me know your favorite thing you ate today in the comments below!
Lunch. Basically the same every day. Lemon pepper tuna fish, crackers and sweet peppers.
Sometimes if I’m super hungry or know I am going to have a long day, I’ll eat some Greek yogurt for something sweet and to keep me full longer.
I actually forgot to take a picture of it, but I had mutton for dinner last night. Real, Kentucky mutton. If you ever come to my neck of the woods, check out Moonlite Bar-B-Q or Old Hickory BBQ. They have the best BBQ and mutton in the entire state.
Happy Hump Day! This week has been crazy and I don’t expect work to slow down any. Thankfully I have lots of plans to work on some great blog posts for you all in the coming weeks. Lots of workouts, smoothie recipes and more!
But for today, here is a great dinner recipe for you.
My favorite day of the work week is finally here! Aren’t Fridays just so fun?! I have NOTHING on my calendar for this weekend and I am so excited for it. After being cram-packed last weekend with events and outings, I am ready for peace and quiet.
Before my relaxing weekend can begin, I have to put in some work at the office and talk to you all about this week’s Friday Favorites! Enjoy!
Let me know some of your favorites from this week in the comments below!
This is from a a local photographer and her puppy is SO CUTE. I’m really thinkingI should have done something like this when we brought Murphy home.
2. In the past, I’ve shared recipes from some of my favorite bloggers, but Julie over at PBFingers has to be one of my favorites. So many of her recipes are simple and realistic for mamas and people always on the move. On Tuesday she shard a recipe for a STRAWBERRY BANANA HIDDEN CAULIFLOWER SMOOTHIE and I can’t wait to try it out!
5. Getting out in the community and teaching little ones about the importance of journalism and the media. We played the telephone to demonstrate how news can spread and change from person to person, how newspapers are made and so much more. This is just one more reason I love my job!
I love parties and hosting. From the food, the friends and fellowship, I love hosting others in our home or even planning parties elsewhere.
The great thing about daytime parties (my favorite time is 2 p.m.) is they are a breeze to throw together! You don’t need a full meal, just something sweet to nibble on. So I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ideas and recipes to help make your next daytime party a hit. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES Let’s be real — I use the Nestle Toll House pre-cut cookie dough. It works fine and they are so good. I under cook them just a little so they are extra soft and chewy.
Author: Divas Can Cook
Chocolate Cake, prepared (I used ½ of a 9×13 devils food box cake)
Chocolate Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake. I used two big spoonfuls. See video)
2 boxes Premium white chocolate ( I used Baker’s brand)
cake pop sticks
Add cake to a large bowl.
Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
Freeze for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare all of your decorating supplies.
Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
Remove cake balls from freezer.
Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
Stick the decorated cake pop into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
Place half of the yogurt (about 1/3 cup) in bottom of 8-oz glass or small canning jar. Sprinkle half of cereal over yogurt in glass, then sprinkle with half of the chopped strawberries.
Top with remaining yogurt, cereal and strawberries.
Presentation/Garnish: Top parfait with mini chocolate chips for added indulgence.
Substitution: Swap Vanilla Chex™ cereal for the Chocolate Chex™ cereal, if desired.
Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.