I love baking cookies. While I am not a cook, I do like to dabble in baking. I also love chocolate chip cookies — seriously one of my top five favorite foods. I have several cookie recipes that I keep in rotation, and this is one of them!
I plan on making some later today while I enjoy a snow day off from teaching.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Heat oven to 375F
Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Pour a big glass of milk and eat up! & don’t forget to share 😉
Happy cold Friday from Kentucky! We have ice here and snow is expected to come this afternoon. BRRR!
Tomorrow morning is my last run with my little brother before he heads back to college for the spring semester. It’s been so nice to have company during my long runs and I can’t wait for him to be over the summer. He’s planning on training for a spring half marathon! I think my running bug got passed on to him.
4. Connecting with you all on Instagram! I’ve had so much fun messaging you all and getting feedback from you all on Instagram. If you’re not already following me, do so (@mileswithmeghann)! I share lots of behind the scenes of my life and my real struggles and triumph with marathon training.
5. I’ve been drinking all the soup this week. While we had a couple warm days, it’s back to being freezing cold outside so I’ve treated myself to Great Harvest’s tomato bisque soup twice this week.
6. Target has the most adorable Valentine’s Day decorations in their dollar section! I picked up a few notepads for my desk and I love seeing all the pink and purple — it instantly brightens my mood!
7. BITMOJI. Ryan and I are SO late to this party, but we have been loving sending them back and forth for several weeks now.
8. #NeedASnack Still one of my favorite shirts for Murphy.
Today I have a super easy + delicious breakfast idea for you! I’m planning on making this x2 today after my 8-mile run.
Preheat the frying pan. Get it medium-hot.
While your frying pan is heating up prep your toast, cut your avocado and mash it on your toast + add any other toppings you like.
Then, crack the egg into a small bowl, (it’ll be easier for transferring to your skillet) then slide the egg out of the bowl and into the frying pan. Put a lid on the frying pan — keep that heat in there!
Cook for about 4 minutes, until the egg white solidifies; the yolk will thicken slightly as it heats. Do not flip the egg.
When your egg is done, slide the cooked egg onto your prepared avocado toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and eat up!
I can’t wait to check in with you all on Monday about week one of marathon training!
Every single Thursday night is pizza night in the Richardson household. This is one my favorite traditions Ryan and I started soon after we got married and it’s one I hope stays around forever. We both love pizza and whether it’s carried out from a national chain store (we love Pizza Hut!), made from scratch, or a baked frozen pizza, it makes for a simple, but delicious meal that I don’t have to think about.
So today I’m sharing a basic recipe for homemade pizza. Enjoy!
This week kicked my butt. Work was hard, my workouts were hard, meal planning didn’t go great and overall it was exhausting. Even though I am wiped, I feel like I am plowing through the thick of things and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (24 days til Christmas!)
But, let’s talk about the good and fun things from this week with my usual Friday Favorites post!
1. I hit my daily goal of 10,000 steps four times this week! Even though I try to run almost every day after work, I sit so much at my desk job during the day that I don’t always hit 10,000 steps a day. I love job, but I do wish I could move around more at least have a stand-up desk. My Fitbit Blaze has been great and reminding me to move more every house. Even the small steps add up!
3. These Nature’s Bakery fig bars are the best! They are dairy-free, made with no bad ingredients and only have 10 grams of sugar (which is still kind of a lot, but way less than others bars I’ve tried) I got them at Kroger and they have been a great mid-day snack.
4. I taught my last class earlier this week and I am so proud of myself for making it through the semester. I’ve learned so much and I can’t wait to improve and teach again next semester. Go Panthers!
5. I snagged this cup at TJ Maxx on Black Friday and it’s perfect for me! I work at a newspaper and teach a media writing class. So if you have any newspaper-lovers in your life, grab this cup. It’d make a great stocking stuffer!
6. I finally got my hands on Grace Not Perfection AND A Simplified Life, both by Emily Ley. I’ve about 3/4 of the way through GNP and I can’t wait to finish it this weekend.
7. I roasted sweet potatoes for the first time earlier this week and HOLY YUM they are a new favorite.
8. Murphy loves our Christmas tree! It’s so cute to see him play with the ornaments and lay in his bed and look at the lights. Now I just need to put presents under the tree!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love all the food, family, football and naps that are associated with the holiday. But every year I have to remind myself that it is not a time to go overboard with the great food. While I strongly believe in a balanced lifestyle, I think it’s okay for little splurges around the holiday. If you restrict yourself from the foods you want, not only will you go overboard later, but you will probably regret not eating your favorite foods that you only get once or twice a year.
So here are tips and articles from around the web that I hope will help you have a great and healthy Thanksgiving!
While you might think it makes sense to save up calories for the big meal, experts say eating a small meal in the morning can give you more control over your appetite. Start your day with a small but satisfying breakfast — such as an egg with a slice of whole-wheat toast, or a bowl of whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk — so you won’t be starving when you arrive at the gathering.
Make or bring your own healthy dish.
Most people are going to notice if you use ingredients with less sugar or fat. While it’s fun to splurge on grandma once-a-year- pumpkin pie, it’s also nice to have some other healthier options. This way you can have your pie and eat it too 😉
*Sorry for the blog problems this morning! This post published only half finished? So odd! I think everything is back to normal now.
WE ARE LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM THANKSGIVING. Can you tell I am excited?
Before the craziness of next weeks starts, let’s talk Friday Favorites.
1. Every Wednesday I eat supper at Panera before I teach my night class. This week I branched out from my usual order and tried their new turkey and cranberry flatbread. OMG it was SO good. Definitely a new favorite. And you can never go wrong with their broccoli and cheese soup.
3. My Turkey 5 miler is tomorrow! I’m not really worried about time, but it will be fun to race again. Are any of your racing this weekend? I know a lot of turkey trots wait until Thanksgiving day, but we like to have ours a little early 🙂
4. This song came on the radio earlier this week and I forgot that this used to be my jam back in the day.
5. Ryan and I have been addicted to playing Words with Friends 2. It’s been so fun racking my brain for crazy words. Even though I’ve lost almost every game, it’s still so fun to play.
Well guys. I had Chick-fil-A for TWO meals today. Oops.
I didn’t even mean for it to happen this way. I had to take Murphy to my parent’s house this morning and on the way over there I realized I hadn’t eaten breakfast. Chicken biscuits are my favorite breakfast to splurge on and sweet tea is like my coffee. I love it and I need it every day.
Lunch was pretty normal/healthy (thankfully! CFA twice a day cannot be great for me) Turkey sandwich and strawberries with lots and lots of water.
After work, I had about 15 minutes to get some food before I needed to head to campus to teach. Chick-fil-A is super close to the college, so that’s where I went + I could eat chicken all day, every day. #noshame
What did you eat today? I love reading other WIAW posts. Feel free to share with me in the comments!
This post is NOT sponsored by Chick-fil-A. I just really love their food.