Happy happy Friday, friends! I am only working a half day today because our new bedroom furniture is getting delivered! I am so excited for our new king sized bed! Now there will be more than enough my, Ryan and Murphy (if you’re new here, that’s our sweet pup!)
But before the fun begins, let’s go over some of my favorites from the week.
1. I tried a sample of these coconut energy balls earlier this week when I went to our local juice bar and oh my gosh they are delicious! I’m really thinking about ordering some to keep in my desk at work.
2. Speaking of our local juice bar, on Wednesday I was feeling super sluggish and tired, so I decided to stop into Wheatgrass Juice Bar and get one of their cold-pressed juices. I ordered Turn Up The Beet and it hit the spot! It had beet, apple, carrot, cucumber and ginger and it was delicious. You could really taste the ginger — it had a little kick to it.
3. In case you missed my post on Tuesday about some of the highlights from Monday’s Boston Marathon, this post sums it up pretty well too.
4. While this is a lot more than I would spend on a top, this Draper James top is adorable! So if you have some extra cash to spend – this would be a great buy for this spring and summer!
6. I won free lunch for me + my coworkers on Thursday from Penn Station. It was a nice surprise treat to end my work week.
7. I have been loving my foam roller this week after getting in some pretty good tempo runs and speed workouts. While I don’t think this one needs replacing any time soon, I am thinking about looking into a more aggressive roller (maybe something like this one?)
8. Look at this cutie hanging out in his crate. 😍😍😍
How are almost halfway through February? I swear time has been flying by lately! But that just means we are getting closer to warmer weather — yay!
I’m rounding up Friday Favorites, before plowing through my work day, workout and dinner. Then it’s time for rest and relaxation!
1. We had such nice weather this week! I’m talking temps in the 60s! *Well not every day, Thursday was freezing and super windy, before earlier in the week was wonderful!*
2. If you’re a big fan of The Office like me, then you’ll enjoy this. Earlier this week Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) tweeted this:
Chili’s official Twitter account tweeted a press release saying that after 11 years, Pam Beesley was welcome back to Chili’s. I love that some TV shows never die.
3. This quote really hit home this week. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m learning to trust the process and just put in the work and let the results come naturally.
4. This adorable pineapple serving bowl. Makes me think of summer!5. I have had so much to do at this week, the last four days have basically flown by. I love being busy and I am so excited to see all of my work around town and in reader’s hands the next few weeks!
6. This place looks amazing! It’s like a ice cream shop, but with cookie dough that is completely safe to eat!
7. I finally feel like I’m getting in my groove with running? This sport (and training) can be so up and down. I’m hoping putting in all these miles pays off some day.
8. Someone likes to give me kisses after I get done running.
I know so many people want to eat healthy and save money but don’t where to begin.
In my opinion, meal planning is the easiest thing to do in order to stay on track and on budget. An hour or two at the beginning of the week while benefit you greatly all week!Here are some tips that will hopeful help you ease your way into meal planning.
Plan your meals and make a list. Ryan and I have a list of meals that we rotate every week, so I basically have our grocery list down to a science. We always go grocery shopping on Sunday and are in out in under and hour (we shop at Aldi and Kroger). After we get home with the groceries, I immediately start prepping what I can for the week. The key for me is to have a plan. Also, if you don’t buy junk food, then it’s not at home for you to eat!
For my weekly lunch, I usually eat salads. It’s my sure-fire way of knowing that I get my greens in for the day and since I don’t have a lot of time for lunch M-F, it’s easy and simple.
I mix all my green, veggies and some of the cheese in a tupperware bowl so I can eat from it all week. That way when I come home for lunch, all I have to do is throw some in a bowl, add more cheese and dressing and I’m ready to go.
Create a go-to recipe list. Having a list of go-to meals is one of the easiest ways to help stay consistent and on-track with meal planning. Start by adding your tried and true favorites and then every time you find a new meal you love, add it to the rotation!
Don’t forget about the snacks! So many people think they can only eat three meals a day in order to be healthy. Most days, I have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch or to hold me over after a run before supper. Some of my go-to snacks are apples and peanut butter, trail mix, mixed nuts and Greek yogurt cups. If you prepare healthy snacks, then you’re less likely to grab junk food.
Do you have any other tips for meal planning! Let me know in the comments on this post.