Happy happy Friday, friends! I am only working a half day today because our new bedroom furniture is getting delivered! I am so excited for our new king sized bed! Now there will be more than enough my, Ryan and Murphy (if you’re new here, that’s our sweet pup!)
But before the fun begins, let’s go over some of my favorites from the week.
1. I tried a sample of these coconut energy balls earlier this week when I went to our local juice bar and oh my gosh they are delicious! I’m really thinking about ordering some to keep in my desk at work.
2. Speaking of our local juice bar, on Wednesday I was feeling super sluggish and tired, so I decided to stop into Wheatgrass Juice Bar and get one of their cold-pressed juices. I ordered Turn Up The Beet and it hit the spot! It had beet, apple, carrot, cucumber and ginger and it was delicious. You could really taste the ginger — it had a little kick to it.
3. In case you missed my post on Tuesday about some of the highlights from Monday’s Boston Marathon, this post sums it up pretty well too.
4. While this is a lot more than I would spend on a top, this Draper James top is adorable! So if you have some extra cash to spend – this would be a great buy for this spring and summer!
6. I won free lunch for me + my coworkers on Thursday from Penn Station. It was a nice surprise treat to end my work week.
7. I have been loving my foam roller this week after getting in some pretty good tempo runs and speed workouts. While I don’t think this one needs replacing any time soon, I am thinking about looking into a more aggressive roller (maybe something like this one?)
8. Look at this cutie hanging out in his crate. 😍😍😍
Happy Friday! I know many of you probably have the day off, but journalists never get holidays, so I’m at work waiting for the weekend begin! Like many of you, I have lots of family time planned for this weekend, especially with Easter being on Sunday. While I always get to see my family since they live so close, Ryan’s parents are coming in for the weekend, so it’ll be nice to have everyone in one place!
Before the weekend begins (at least for me!) let’s go over some of my favorites from this week.
1. Brooks Greenlight Capris for $20! What a deal. Guys, I love these capris and totally plan on buying some more. They have other colors on sale too, but they are around $25ish.
2. I’ve mentioned on here before that Anne at Fannetastic Food is one of my favorite healthy living/running bloggers. Earlier this week she shared a post called Mix & Match Grain Salad Bowl Recipes and it totally inspired some of my lunches for the week.
3. Grapefruit Mojito recipe from Somethin’ Southern. This looks delicious and I can’t wait to give it a try this weekend!
4. I feel like I am finally getting faster! I killed all of my workouts this week and even my pace on casual runs has been a little faster than normal. Since I’m thinking about getting back into training for a half, this is super exciting! Maybe a sub-2 is possible this year?!
5. I celebrated my two year work anniversary on Thursday! I’m so happy to be back in my hometown and working at a job that I love with people who are pretty great.
6. I follow @Disney on Twitter and earlier this week they tweeted this cute picture. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies of all time and this quote instantly made my smile. Plus I love all of the flowers.
It’s here! We are only hours away from the weekend! I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and your coffee is extra strong today. My plans for the weekend include lots of house and yard work and an Easter party on Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Let’s get back to our regularly scheduled programming and get the day started!
1. So I’m late to the game with this one, but Ryan and I just rented Moana last weekend and I have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop this week.
2. From the Oiselle blog: Oiselle is thrilled to announce the launch of our GOT (Girls On Track) Bras charitable donation program. The GOT Bras mission is to help girls stay active and see physical activity as lifelong pursuit. We plan to donate at least 2,000 sports bras in 2017, and to share educational content about how to accurately choose and fit a sports bra, and understand our changing bodies. In 2018 and beyond, we plan to increase donations and produce “first-bra” designs just for girls.
3. Saw this on Janae’s blog earlier this week and I really like it.
4. I WON TICKETS TO SEE TIM MCGRAW AND FAITH IN CONCERT. Guys. I am so pumped.
6. The sun is shining, it’s finally stopped raining and it’s supposed to be warm all weekend! I hope the weather is perfect wherever you are. I am planning on soaking up as much sunshine as possible these next three days.
Another week, another Wednesday. Since I actually remembered to photograph my food today, I thought I would share another WIAW post. I always love reading these on other people’s blogs — so here we go!
Let me know your favorite thing you ate today in the comments below!
Lunch. Basically the same every day. Lemon pepper tuna fish, crackers and sweet peppers.
Sometimes if I’m super hungry or know I am going to have a long day, I’ll eat some Greek yogurt for something sweet and to keep me full longer.
I actually forgot to take a picture of it, but I had mutton for dinner last night. Real, Kentucky mutton. If you ever come to my neck of the woods, check out Moonlite Bar-B-Q or Old Hickory BBQ. They have the best BBQ and mutton in the entire state.
Guys. I need your help. I feel like I have been in such a rut lately. I’ve running, eating decent-ish (could definitely improve here) and incorporating ab work into my fitness and it seems like I am going nowhere. And it’s kind of a bummer. I feel like was working decently hard (let’s be honest, I wasn’t giving it 100%) but nothing was changing.
I read something a few weeks back that has stuck with — you can’t out run a bad diet.
I’ve heard this a million times, but for some reason this time it really resonated with me.
On Monday, I decided enough was enough and I’ve been running (pun intended) on all cylinders this week — kicking up runs (run fast to get faster), watching what I eat more (not so many treats after dinner) and really pushing it with my fitness videos.
It’s been three days and I already feel better. It’s amazing what some good eats and running can do for you.
Anyone have any tips for getting out of a running rut?
I’m also looking for some clean snacks! I’ve been munching on peppers, carrots and nuts, but I am looking to change it up a bit and get inspired!