Runners are usually pretty easy to buy for — some new gear, an entry to a race or even a massage makes us happy. But for Valentine’s Day, I decided to compile a list of some unique, fun and simple gift ideas.
• Sparkle Athletic running skirt. I want this in so many colors, but red or pink would be perfect for any Valentine-themed races.
• Chocolate-covered strawberries, because duh, who doesn’t want those?!
• A gift card to get a massage. You can even buy two and make it a date night!
• Running fleece wide neck sweatshirt.
• Running jewelry.
• Run all the miles, eat all the doughnuts shirt. A great gift for food lovers!
• Also from Sarah Marie Design Studio, heart breaker hill tee.
• Red or pink compression socks.
• A gift card to get a pedicure. I’ve talked about this before, but runner’s need to care for their feet. Our toenails can take a beating during all those long runs.
While gifts are great, just remember to love on your loved ones. Chances are, one-on-one time is best gift you can give them 🙂
Cheers to 2018! I can’t wait to see what all this year has in store.
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you all had a great Christmas weekend with friends and family and lots of good food. It was a busy weekend for us, but one filled with lots of love.
Ryan’s parents came to town late Thursday, so while we worked on Friday – they shopped. Friday night included steaks at Texas Roadhouse.
Since Ryan had to work for a little bit on Saturday, it gave me some time to do some last minute cleaning and shopping. Once everyone was together we went to the theater and saw Jumanji. (Ryan’s parents had never seen the original, which was crazy to me!)
Trying to get a family picture with Murphy is not the easiest thing to do.
Christmas Eve is when the fun really started. We had everyone under one roof (my parents and brother + Ryan’s parents) and the first of many homecooked Christmas meals.
Ryan’s dad also got us Bean Boozled. It was hilarious and disgusting.
On Christmas, Ryan and I woke up and eased into our morning. His grandparents and uncle came up from Tennessee for the day, so they met us for presents before heading to my parent’s house where we were hosting Christmas lunch.
We had a great spread (which I forgot to take a picture of) and spent hours telling stories and chatting about life.
All in all, it was a great Christmas. I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life.
How was your Christmas?!
Did you host or travel? This was our first married Christmas not traveling and it was SO nice.
What was your favorite gift? Ryan got me a super cute necklace that I can’t wait to wear every day.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas from Kentucky!
Thank you for your readership, kind words, and kindness over the last year. Thank you for allowing me to share my life with you all! It means a lot.
I hope you are able to spend time with those you love most today. I’ll be back tomorrow with a fun holiday weekend recap 🙂
I like to post this every year as a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas weekend! I’m working for a few hours today and then it’s off for three days to enjoy the holiday, family time and lots of good food.
But first! Here are this week’s Friday Favorites.
1. Ryan’s parents are in town! I am so excited to spend time with both of our families this Christmas! I hope you all get the chance to spend some quality time with those you love this weekend!
3. Candy canes for supper because #Christmas.
4. All of the Christmas cards we received in the mail over the last week or so! I love getting snail mail and I really enjoy getting Christmas cards from friends and family.
5. Why do a half marathon? Here are 6 reasons to run.
6. Only the best candy ever. My mom has the mini cups and the Christmas trees at her house. Every time I go over there, I sneak a few.
7. The ElfYourself videos. Every year I just think they are the funniest thing. Makes your own here.
8. This poor pup had to go to the vet on Monday because he chased a squirrel and hurt his paw. Literally, every day is an adventure. He was so cute and extra snuggly this week since he wasn’t feeling the best.
HAPPY THURSDAY, YALL. I have been counting down all week. Ryan’s parents are coming in this afternoon and will be in Kentucky with us until Tuesday. I am so excited to spend some quality time with both mine and Ryan’s family.
I got in a quick 3 miles this morning because after work we are meeting Ryan’s parents at a local pizza place for supper. We plan on walking around downtown and looking at all the Christmas lights after we eat. I’m so excited! I love holiday events.
Thankfully my parent’s and Ryan’s family get along great so we will be spending lots of time together. Technically Ryan and I are hosting Christmas lunch — but at my parent’s house since they have more room.
Anyways, if there is some radio silence on the blog for the next few days, it’s just because I am spending some much-needed quality time with family. I hope you all are able to do the same!
I’ll still have my usual Friday Favorites post up tomorrow, but other than that, I might not check in on the blog until Tuesday.
Follow along on Instagram (@mileswithmeghann) to keep up with holiday weekend + runs.
Do you know how much more motivated I am to run now that I have a race on my calendar? While I know the “honeymoon” phase will (probably) wear off, right now I am happily jumping on the treadmill and cranking out the miles.
But with Christmas quickly approaching, I know I won’t be running every day — and that’s okay! My in-laws are coming to Kentucky for almost a full week and I am so excited for all the holiday events we have planned (looking at Christmas lights, watching Christmas movies, etc)
I am taking a relaxed approach to running through the Christmas season. While my health is a priority, so is my family. So I encourage you all to not stress about missing a run or eating an extra slice of Christmas dessert in the next few weeks.
I am so thankful I get to run and that I have enough food on my table to have second helpings. Just remember others aren’t so lucky.
Work is over and I have time to kill before our office Christmas (bowling) party. I have so many random things I want to tell you all, so here they are in one sporadic post!
Eminem released his new album today and y’all…Revival is pretty dang good. While I’m not in love with all the songs (like I am with Recovery), they are some pretty solid tracks on this album. Give it a listen if you’re a Slim Shady fan. I’m positive you’ll add some of these songs to your workout playlist.
Reminder to self: no matter of a pinch I’m in, do NOT eat Taco Bell. Ugh. I’ve felt gross all day.
I posted a fun #fridayintroductions on Instagram (@mileswithmeghann) go check it out! I use lots of emojis and tell you random things about myself.
These Santa hat Rice Krispie treats are so cute and would be perfect for an upcoming holiday party. I saw this on Facebook and immediately saved the link for next week.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back here Monday morning. Catch me on Instagram if you want more miles with Meghann 😉