Hi! I can’t believe we’re already three days into 2017.
Today was a struggle to get out of bed and get ready for work — but I made it!
But let’s recap New Years weekend.
For lunch on Saturday I went to Cheddar’s with my best friend. We’ve been bffs for more than 10 years now (we met the summer before our freshman year of high school) and I still love our lunch dates. Also, her drink huge. We ended up splitting it and even then we couldn’t finish the entire thing.
Saturday night I forgot to take any pictures (a sign of a great time!) but we had some friends over and ended up playing cards and board games until 3 a.m. So thankful I got to sleep in Sunday morning.
On Sunday, Ryan and I hit up the mall to look for records for our new record player that we got for Christmas. I totally felt like Peyton Sawyer flipping through all that vinyl.
Ryan and I were both off on Monday, so we watched two RedBox movies (Central Intelligence and Free State of Jones), went to town for a bit and basically did whatever we wanted to. Yay for lazy days off from work.
We went to PetSmart just to see if they had any good deals and ended up snagging this super cute shirt for Murphy.
He was obviously thrilled.
I hope everyone has a wonderful return to work and routines today!
Merry Christmas Eve Eve! We are so close to Christmas I basically taste it.
No really, everyone has been bringing in all kinds of sweets this week and I’ve had enough Christmas candy and fudge to last me six months. I am in desperate need of a run, but after work Ryan and I are headed down south for the holiday.
4. This blog post by Emily at Em For Marvelous is wonderful. I’m always trying to be more intentional about how I live my life and even more so at Christmas. Jesus truly is the “reason for the season” and I want that to reflect in my home, in my heart and with the people I love.
5. I really want to see the Sing Movie. Anyone else? It looks hilarious and adorable.
6. Ticket to Ride. Earlier this week we went to a friend’s house for a Christmas party and ended playing several board games.
7. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before, but since it’s two days before Christmas, I’ll bring it up one more time. Penatonix Christmas album is the bomb. Go take a listen.
8. Selfies with Murphy are my fave. Even if he looks angry in them most of the time.
Does anyone else pictures with their dogs? Or is that just me?
Happy Monday, everyone! It is freeeezing here, but I am still excited to tackle this week. We are officially less than a week until Christmas! Ah! So exciting.
Before I get into Monday, lets recap the weekend.
Friday — We have a “for free” table at work that people use to get rid of stuff from around their house or stuff they get in PR packets Basically everything is fair game and if no one wants it after a week, it goes in the trash.
I snagged the most adorable Christmas plates, bowls and mugs last week and I so excited to use them!
Also, I really really want to re-paint our kitchen. Why does remodeling/home improvement have to be so expensive?!
A snagged a charcoal face mask at CVS for $1, so I had a mini spa night Friday. Also, this turtleneck is so comfy and flowy I never want to take it off. I stayed in it all night even after wearing it to work on Friday.
Saturday — I spent the whole day at my parent’s house helping my mom with my dad who just had some minor surgery on Friday. Ryan worked all day and that night we just laid around the house and watched movies and ate pizza. Murphy destroyed another toy. Nothing new.
Sunday — We went to a Christmas party in Evansville that two of friends were hosting. We also did our usual grocery shopping trip and watched lots of football.
Hope you all have a great week! I’m going to try and get some workouts in this week, but my schedule is jam packed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day this week. The holidays are great, but require a lot of work (at the newspaper and getting ready for family). Happy Monday!
Only one more full work week before Christmas! I am so excited to get through the next seven days and then relax and spend time with my family.
Before I start day dreaming of the weekend, let’s stick our normal Friday schedule around here and talk about some Friday Favorites!
1. Writing fun stories at my job. Earlier this week I got to interview a young man who locked himself in a dog kennel to raise money for the animal shelter. He broadcasted the whole thing on Facebook Live and I popped up to say before I did my interview with him.
2. This rendition of Jolene by Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus and Penatonix is awesome. They performed it on The Voice a few weeks ago and it’s definitely worth checking out.
3. MY TREADMILL IS PUT TOGETHER. So happy. Will report back next week with a full review.
5. If you’re still looking for Christmas gifts for the runner in your life, check out my gift guide for runners for all kinds of ideas!
6. Check out this story from Runners World. It’s a oldie, but a goodie.
His brain and body shattered in a horrible accident as a young boy, Bret Dunlap thought just being able to hold down a job, keep an apartment, and survive on his own added up to a good enough life. Then he discovered running.”
7. I know I’m late to the game but I just discovered FitSnap. I’ve always seen other people’s cute instagram pics with the running stats and wanted to do the same!
8. Murphy has to be a close as possible to either me or Ryan at all times. Sometimes cute, sometimes super annoying.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week.