So I know there hasn’t been a ton of every day running on the blog lately, but I’ve been in a funk and have over-committed to too many events, so here we are.
I always want this blog to be about my life and since it’s birthday weekend, here is a fun post about how to set up a mimosa bar for your next party!
What You’ ll Need
Bowls for Fruit
How To Make Them
To take the guesswork out & set up a chalkboard sign with instructions that read:
Pour the Bubbly
Add the Juice
Top With Fruit
Have guests serve themselves according to their own preferences, but we recommend a 1:1 ratio of Prosecco/champagne to juice for each mimosa.
How Much You’ll Need
You can make 6-8 mimosas out of every standard 750 ml bottle of sparkling wine, so for a party of 20 people where each guest will have two or three drinks we recommend buying about 6-8 bottles of Prosecco.
I recommend serving four different kinds of juice — everyone loves options.
The easiest/most popular options are orange juice, strawberry lemonade, cherry juice, and an orange-mango juice. Most people will opt for the classic orange and bubbly mix, so stock up on a larger bottle of OJ. Smaller bottles should be fine for the rest, but it’s your party, so stick up as you see fit! As for the fruit, pick up a few pints of whatever is in season.
Now add some sparkle, garland, balloons, whatever else you want and call it a day. Hosting should be and not super stressful. Make it a party, call it a day and go party with your girls.
It’s birthday month! I am someone who loves birthdays, so birthday month is a big deal to me! Plus Ryan and I take our yearly trip to STL in May. Go Cards!
This week was my first full work week in more than two weeks, so it felt super long — but also super productive! This time of year is super busy with my job, but I love feeling accomplished after a long day at work.
Before the weekend can begin let’s talk Friday Favorites and get through another work day.
1. I get to meet one of my best friend’s baby! My very first best friend had her first child a little more than a month and I get to meet him for the first time tomorrow. I am so excited for some baby snuggles and quality time with my friend.
3. Is there really such a thing as too many shoes?! Even with running shoes, I like to have several pairs to rotate (plus I like to match my outfits) Currently eyeing these bad boys.
4. This was from @pbfingers insta story several days ago. These snack balls look delicious. Check out her blog if you haven’t already.
5. Breaking 2. (which has a neat hashtag emoji on Twitter) The world attempt at breaking 2 hours in the marathon is taking place tomorrow morning in Italy (or roughly 10:45 p.m.Friday where I’m at in Kentucky)
Runner’s World has an entire page on their site dedicated to all the info you need to know for the sub-2 attempt. It’s pretty interesting stuff. Check it out here.
6. 2016 Road Race Trends. I love looking at all the nuts and bolts of running. Like how in 2016, there were 16,957,100 finishers of 30,400 running events in the U.S. So neat! How many did you finish? 7. YES YES YES. I am in love with these sandals from Draper James + Jack Rogers.
8. I love afternoons with Murphy. He still sucks at fetch, so I usually just end up chasing him around the yard while he holds a ball in his mouth. #dogmom
It’s FRIDAY! I am off work today and headed to Louisville to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2SOul tour!
I hope you all have a fun weekend with family and friends. I’ll report back Monday with lots of pictures from the concert, but feel free to follow along with me on my Instastory – @megkayrich.
Now. Let’s talk favorites!
1. YES. This is me. Anyone else jam out in the car while driving to/from work? The best is when a good song comes on when I leave work at 5 p.m. It puts me in such a great mood for the rest of the night. 2. Family creates Blockbuster at home for son with autism after store closes. This is so precious. Family first. Always.
3. Such a good read on detoxes and “detox diets”. Get the facts before you start any type of lifestyle change.
4. We have had some gorgeous weather this week. All of the sunshine is making me itch to be on the lake. I love spending summer weekends on the water.
5. So Ryan has been playing this game on his phone called BALLZ all week. It’s super addicting and pretty fun. Now instead of Candy Crush, I’m playing this all the time.
6. This. Thanks, MilePosts.
7. Oiselle turned 10 years old this week! They have been having some great sales all week long and I am ready to press buy with a cart full of goodies like these Roga shorts and flyte tank.
8. Murphy thinks he is king of the bed. We get our new king-sized bed lat week and it is AMAZING. Seriously best adult purchase we’ve ever made.
How are almost halfway through February? I swear time has been flying by lately! But that just means we are getting closer to warmer weather — yay!
I’m rounding up Friday Favorites, before plowing through my work day, workout and dinner. Then it’s time for rest and relaxation!
1. We had such nice weather this week! I’m talking temps in the 60s! *Well not every day, Thursday was freezing and super windy, before earlier in the week was wonderful!*
2. If you’re a big fan of The Office like me, then you’ll enjoy this. Earlier this week Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) tweeted this:
Chili’s official Twitter account tweeted a press release saying that after 11 years, Pam Beesley was welcome back to Chili’s. I love that some TV shows never die.
3. This quote really hit home this week. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m learning to trust the process and just put in the work and let the results come naturally.
4. This adorable pineapple serving bowl. Makes me think of summer!5. I have had so much to do at this week, the last four days have basically flown by. I love being busy and I am so excited to see all of my work around town and in reader’s hands the next few weeks!
6. This place looks amazing! It’s like a ice cream shop, but with cookie dough that is completely safe to eat!
7. I finally feel like I’m getting in my groove with running? This sport (and training) can be so up and down. I’m hoping putting in all these miles pays off some day.
8. Someone likes to give me kisses after I get done running.
Last week running 3 miles was hard. While I was keeping about a 10 minute/mile pace, it was HARD. Like struggle bus city.
This week? Three miles has felt easy. I’ve either brought my pace down, or stayed around a 10 minute pace, but felt so much stronger.
Not running for months killed my endurance and my mental game. While I am so thankful to have a treadmill at home now where I can run every day, coming back has been no walk in the park.
I’m still working on my endurance and I’ve only had one four mile run this year. My mental game is so weak and since I’m at home and on a treadmill (where I can just stop and go in the house) I feel like I should be doing 10 other things rather than running.
I saw something on Facebook yesterday that really resonated with how I’ve been feeling personally, at work and with running — “you can either run the day or the let day run you.”
THAT IS SO TRUE. For me, it’s all about my mindset. If I come into work with a positive attitude, get to work and start knocking out my to-do list, then I feel so much better.
Once I get into the miles, I feel better (on like 10 different levels).
So while day-by-day it may not look like I am making much progress, in a month or six months or a year, I can look back and see how much it’s all changes. My miles will be faster, I will be stronger and I will be happy with the journey.
Trust the process. Put it in the work. Results will come.