Happy Friday! It’s a sunny day in Charleston (our first of the week!)
Even though today our last day in the city (we fly home tonight) I thought I would recap our two full days in Charleston.
Wednesday kicked off the first full day in the city and was filled with workshops, speakers and lots of masterminding. Our walk to the event was gorgeous. I am obsessed with the colored buildings and the pretty churches.
Our first event for the week was at the American Theater (the same place where Noah and Allie from The Notebook had their first date!) It’s such a unique venue and I love that I get to explore so many neat places thanks to my job.
We’ve also been eating our way through Charleston. Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits and Glazed have been two of our go-to breakfast stops. The pimento cheese biscuit and the vegan chocolate ginger doughnuts were definitely my favorite.
Supper was at High Cotton (another place from the movie!) and I ate so much (#foodbaby). I definitely need to get back to the gym and eating healthy (and not so much) next week.
I love the people I work with and I am so grateful to be surrounded by so many inspiring clients. These events always leave me excited to work on my personal and professional goals.
I am sad to be leaving such a fun city but I am excited to get back to my boys!
Can you all believe this is my 70th Friday Favorites post?! That’s crazy to me! These are some of my favorite posts to write because they are always such a happy roundup from my week.
So let’s get it started!
1. Some weeks are so up and down with work and blogging and I feel like I’m treading enough water to keep my head above water. Anyone else feel this way? I wish I knew how to get more traffic to my blog, but I don’t have a lot of money to go to a domain name + I don’t have a ton of time to constantly promote my stuff and get my name + blog name out there. While I do like having the blog as an online journal, I do wish I had more readers and people to connect with.
2. Porta Potty Challenge. I feel like this is something I would have done in high school with my cross country team.
3. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and with it just a couple weeks away, I have scouring Pinterest for ideas. This article is 12 costume ideas to make out of a big shirt. I love it! So simple but cute.
4. With all of the craziness that is my life (full-time job, part-time college teaching job, running, meal planning, social life and more) I love feeling like I have all my sh*t together. I’ve raved about my Simplified Planner before, but I want to bring it up again if any of you are looking to buy a Christmas present for someone who needs to organization in their life (you included)!
5. Best girl squad movies.
6. Does anyone have any recommendations for super cute fall booties? I’ve been eyeing several pairs online, but I have to try on shoes before I buy. Any suggestions or sites with free shipping and return? Trying to dress cute is harder than it looks.
7. This is a super interesting insight on what a triathlete eats in a week. Triathlife with Jesse Thomas: I Eat A Lot And That’s OK.
8. Murphy and his toy mouse, Mick.