I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always do my best workouts on the weekends. I don’t have as many time constraints, I can focus on my workout and I have plenty of time to stretch, warmup and cool down.
But when I travel on the weekends, I feel like I can’t get workout as well as I want.
* I had to include this hilarious picture I took of Murphy while we were traveling.
That was the case this weekend. We visited my in-laws in Tennessee and had a great time, but my workouts suffered.
Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. My family is more important than any workout, but getting in one sweat sesh a day makes me feel better and helps me be the best version of myself.
So while I didn’t get to run and have a killer total body workout, I did get it some solid movements and walks with Murph that worked up some endorphins.
So don’t beat yourself if you chose to spend time with family rather than working out. While I missed my workouts, I know they will be waiting for me Monday afternoon after work.
Another Friday is here and we are half way through the month of September! This week has been very busy and this weekend will be no different! I am so looking forward to the end of the month and our mini-vacay to STL to watch some baseball and eat + drink all of the goodies!
Until then, it’s work work work. Workout. Run. LIFE ALL THE HEAVY THINGS. Repeat.
6. Truth. Do you have a tv show or movie you can watch time and again without getting bored?
7. Apple Watch commercial featuring Kara Goucher. I’ve been wanting an Apple Watch for months and now I’m really debating splurging on the AW3 for Christmas. Any Apple Watch users want to chime? I’ve also looked at other Garmin and Fitbit watches, but I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of them yet.
8. Murph passed out on the kitchen floor after playing with his toys at my parent’s house earlier this week. He is such a ham.
What a crazy week it has been! With Monday being the holiday and yesterday being a vacation day for me, this week has been all kinds of busy. But also so much fun.
Before we get into my usual Friday Favorites post, I just want to take a minute to remind you all of all the struggle so many people are going through right now. With so many people displaced from Hurricane Harvey and so many more trying to flee Florida, our country and its people need lots of prayers. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who are struggling during this difficult time.
All of these “favorites” seem so silly compared to the big picture. If I had to pack up my bags and flee my home, the only thing on this list that would come with me is Murphy. Material possessions can be replaced, people and pups can’t.
1. All of this Alabama apparel from Game Day Couture is super cute for fall football! We got a W last Saturday in the opening game, so I’m hoping that trend continues for the entire season. ROLL TIDE.
2. A short work week! Yay for holidays and vacation days.
3. Spending lots of quality time with Ryan, Murphy and my parents. It does my soul good to be surrounded by those I love.
4. I got the chance to boulder some yesterday while rock climbing. My strength has improved so much over the last couple of months and while I didn’t last long, it was a great start!
5. I’m wrapping this post up with five items instead of eight. Other than my husband, this little pup is the most important thing in my home. Hug your loved ones this weekend. Call your mom. Give love and grace to others.
Happy three day weekend! With Labor Day being on Monday, both Ryan and I are off and I am so excited. With him having to work every Saturday, Sundays are our only true day together, so I’m pumped for an extra 24 hours with my main man.
Before I can jump into the long weekend, I need to wrap up some things at work and get in a run to start off my favorite month of the year.
So let’s chat about Friday Favorites.
1. I scheduled out the rest of my vacation days for 2017. Since Ryan and I didn’t take an actual week-long vacation this year, I got to spread my days. Well I basically didn’t use any vacation days the first half of the year, so now I have a bunch to use before I lose them.
2. Healthy Snacks from CVS. We have a CVS rightnextdoor to work, I walk over there all the time to get snacks when my stash is running low. I love that they are offering healthier options! Even though occasionally Sour Patch Kids somewhere sneak into my basket.
3. With the devastation of Houston, I’ve seen so many groups and business and individuals come together to show their support and raise money and volunteer their time. Keeping praying for those who had to evacuate, those still in their homes and all the emergency responders risking their lives to save others.
4. Fantasy Football starts on Sunday for my group of friends and I’m so pumped. My team name is Gridiron and Wine and I’m ready to take home a win this year.
5. I survived my second week of teaching, which involved giving a quiz, assigning an article, grading papers and so much more. I love challenging myself and this job is perfect. I am learning just as much as I am teaching.
4. I have been on a huge sandwich/wrap kick lately and Anne’s post from last Friday made my mouth water at my desk! Not only are her pictures gorgeous, but all of her ideas are great! Can’t wait to mix up my lunches this week.
5. Since Aldi is closed, I am having to get all my groceries at Kroger. I picked up this bread since I was looking for something healthier than regular bread and I think I found a winner! *Kroger Clicklist is still going strong as well.*
6. I taught my first college class Wednesday night and it was a success. I am so proud of myself for advancing in my career and branching out to try new things. Here’s a fun semester of teaching AND learning.
7. It is sorta/kinda starting to feel like fall. The early mornings are when I notice it the most. No more humidity before 8 a.m.! I love it. I can’t wait for the upcoming months!
8. Earlier this week I bought Murphy a bandana from PetSmart that said Fantasy Football Legend. It’s so cute! Since we are about to start Fantasy Football season (my husband and I are very competitive) I thought this would be perfect for Murph.
Since I work in the media, yesterday was all about the eclipse. We’ve been covering it daily for the last two weeks and then today was all hands on deck with people running social media accounts, photographers and reporters on site in Hopkinsville (Eclipsetown) and people locally to get reactions of the event. It was a fun-filled day and a neat thing to experience.
While I didn’t get any pictures of the actual eclipse (I didn’t want to risk frying my phone) I did get some pretty funny pictures of Murphy in eclipse glasses.
He of course tried to eat them since he loves to chew on toys. So the glasses didn’t last very long.
After work I hurried home to hop on the treadmill and get in a couple of miles and some pushups + abs before I started dinner. Mondays are usually taco night in the Richardson household, so when I saw this on Facebook, I knew I had to share it. This is my life.
Did you get to view the eclipse? What were your thoughts? We were in 97% totality, so it got pretty dark. It was eerie and awesome all at the same time. We serve an awesome God.
The heat and humidity is back and brutal. After a couple weeks of nice weather, I am dreading the heat and humidity that is only going to get worse from here.
On the agenda for this weekend — house and yard work on Saturday and Holiday World on Sunday! It’ll probably be our last time heading up to Holiday World for the summer, so we are planning to stay from open to close! I am so excited.
1. I’m just going to leave this here as a little reminder.
2. I’ve been reading Daily Garnish for almost seven years. I read this post not too long after it was originally published, but for some reason, when I was searching through her blog earlier this week, it popped up again and I am SO glad it did.
3. I hit my highest milage week this summer. Yay for longer runs and treadmill miles that help keep me sane.
4. Totally random, but for work earlier this week, I got to tour a 3.8 million dollar house! It was so crazy and so pretty — six bedrooms and six bathrooms. I would not even know what to do with that much space!
5. If you’ve read this blog some time, you know my guilty pleasure show is DCC: Making the Team. This week was finals which includes the solo rounds! It’s one of my favorite aspects of the tryout and I love seeing the dancers perform something unique to them.
6. With all the talk about the solar eclipse that is happening on Monday, NASA is streaming a 360-degree video of the event. How neat!
FRIDAY FRIDAY, gotta get down on Friday. I am so happy for the weekend. Since we traveled and Ryan worked last weekend, I feel like we haven’t spent any time together lately. I am super pumped for date night tomorrow and being lazy together on Sunday.
Before I get into the work day, I want to share some of my favorites from this week with you all. 1. Just a few of the crazy moments from #London2017 Track & Field World Championships. I’ve been following a long on Twitter and even more craziness (like an unfair DQ) have happened since this orignal article was posted.
2. I love these spirit tassel earrings from Draper James. Now I’m just torn on whether to get UK Blue for basketball season or Crimson for Alabama football?! Maybe I’ll just get them both?!
3. On Wednesday I woke up super early for no good reason, so I decided to take advantage of the extra time and headed to Panera for some breakfast and blogging. I got a post up and several posts drafted and had a delicious everything bagel + cream cheese, a water and a latte.
I love having some time in the mornings to myself to accomplish some things before the work day begins.
4. Wednesday was also the first day of school around here, and while I am not in school anymore, I still love the hustle and bustle and excitement that comes with a new school year.
* I am actually teaching a mass communications at a local college one night a week for the fall semester, so I am excited to be back in the classroom.
5. I saw these super cute tumblers on Emily Ley’s Instastories and screenshot it for future reference. I wish they had a KY design, but Ashley Brooke Designs has lots of other cute ones to choose from!
6. Tuesday I hit the trails at a local park for some trail running and it was awesome + therapeutic. The best kind of running.
7. I have been trying to have more of a grateful, open heart lately and I really think it has helped my mindset.
8. Murphy got another hedgehog toy since he demolished his last one, and for some reason he is a lot more gentle with Larry (every toy has a name). I’m a total #dogmom and I love it.
We are headed down to Tennessee this weekend to celebrate Ryan’s parent’s anniversary and his dad’s birthday, which were both earlier this week. I’m excited for some family time and a little mini road trip with my two favorite boys.
1. My brand new Emily Ley Simplified Planner officially started on Monday! I love a paper planner and I already feel organized and ready to tackle the school year/second of the calendar year.
3. Smoothie bowls have been an absolute staple in my diet this week. I love how I can easily change them up to satisfy whatever craving I have and I am getting in so many greens! #drinkyourgreens Seriously, I love how many more nutrients I am able to get into smoothies. Plus since it’s still summer, I’m allll about fresh fruit.
4. I followed this workout on Wednesday and holy crap are burpees a killer. I only did 15 and I thought I was going to fall over and die.
5. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team (my guilty pleasure show) started a new season last night. I love this show for some random reason and it really is amazing to see the athletic ability these girls have in order to make the team.
6. I found my old iPod and found tons of old high school tunes. Such a great find.
Yesterday was a such a fun day! It was one of those days I needed without knowing it.
Ryan and I got to meet up with a college friend for lunch. He was passing through Owensboro on the way back to his summer job and our schedules worked out perfectly for him to meet us at Buffalo Wild Wings. We ate too much food and spent almost two hours catching up and reminiscing on our college days.
After lunch, I said bye to the guys, while they hung out some more. Once our friend left, Ryan had a tee time with some of the guys from his work, so Murphy and I went to the park! Since the humidity has broken, the weather has been perfect. We walked the trails, sat by the pond and watched the ducks and roamed the empty baseball fields for about an hour before coming home.
Murphy was exhausted after our adventure, so he slept on the couch, while I did some meal prepping. After I got breakfast made for the week, I went out to our home gym (garage) and knocked out a couple miles and some inverted pull-ups.
Once Ryan got home, we ate tacos on the couch and watched a couple episodes of Parks and Rec. Instead of going to bed at a normal hour, we then decided to stay up way too late and watch random, hilarious YouTube videos.