*Sorry for the blog problems this morning! This post published only half finished? So odd! I think everything is back to normal now.
WE ARE LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM THANKSGIVING. Can you tell I am excited?
Before the craziness of next weeks starts, let’s talk Friday Favorites.
1. Every Wednesday I eat supper at Panera before I teach my night class. This week I branched out from my usual order and tried their new turkey and cranberry flatbread. OMG it was SO good. Definitely a new favorite. And you can never go wrong with their broccoli and cheese soup.
3. My Turkey 5 miler is tomorrow! I’m not really worried about time, but it will be fun to race again. Are any of your racing this weekend? I know a lot of turkey trots wait until Thanksgiving day, but we like to have ours a little early 🙂
4. This song came on the radio earlier this week and I forgot that this used to be my jam back in the day.
5. Ryan and I have been addicted to playing Words with Friends 2. It’s been so fun racking my brain for crazy words. Even though I’ve lost almost every game, it’s still so fun to play.
A playlist can make or break a workout or run. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve wanted to quit mid-workout and a killer song comes on and pushes me through. If you’re in a music rut, check out this playlist for some killer, up-beat songs to get you through any HIIT workout or long run.
“Ready For It?” — Taylor Swift
“Buzzin” — Mann
“7/11” — Beyoncé
“Hey Mama” — David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj
“I Would Die 4 U” — Prince
“Bend Ova” — Lil Jon, Tyga
“Little Lion Man” — Mumford and Sons
“Drunk in Love” — Beyoncé
“Roses” Zaxx Remix — Chainsmokers
“Sorry Not Sorry” — Demi Lovato
“It Girl” — Pharrell
“Humble” — Kendrick Lamar
“Happiness” — NeedToBreathe
“Toxic” — Brittany Spears
“Elephant” — Tame Impala
“Lady Marmalade” — Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mya and P!nk
Now there is obviously a huge mix of songs on this playlist. I love all kinds of music and it shows. Feel free to add your own favorites get to working out!
What’s your favorite running song? Let me know in the comments below!
So I know there hasn’t been a ton of every day running on the blog lately, but I’ve been in a funk and have over-committed to too many events, so here we are.
I always want this blog to be about my life and since it’s birthday weekend, here is a fun post about how to set up a mimosa bar for your next party!
What You’ ll Need
Bowls for Fruit
How To Make Them
To take the guesswork out & set up a chalkboard sign with instructions that read:
Pour the Bubbly
Add the Juice
Top With Fruit
Have guests serve themselves according to their own preferences, but we recommend a 1:1 ratio of Prosecco/champagne to juice for each mimosa.
How Much You’ll Need
You can make 6-8 mimosas out of every standard 750 ml bottle of sparkling wine, so for a party of 20 people where each guest will have two or three drinks we recommend buying about 6-8 bottles of Prosecco.
I recommend serving four different kinds of juice — everyone loves options.
The easiest/most popular options are orange juice, strawberry lemonade, cherry juice, and an orange-mango juice. Most people will opt for the classic orange and bubbly mix, so stock up on a larger bottle of OJ. Smaller bottles should be fine for the rest, but it’s your party, so stick up as you see fit! As for the fruit, pick up a few pints of whatever is in season.
Now add some sparkle, garland, balloons, whatever else you want and call it a day. Hosting should be and not super stressful. Make it a party, call it a day and go party with your girls.
So I mentioned on the blog a couple weeks ago in one of my Friday Favorites post that I had won two tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2Soul tour. Well, the concert was Friday night and it was awesome!
I have been a huge Tim and Faith fan basically all my life, so to see the two together in concert was amazing.
I took a vacation day from work on Friday and Ryan and I headed to Louisville around lunch so we could explore the city some and eat before the concert.
During the opening band, two of our friends surprised us and showed up with seats right next to ours!
***Some background info for you – the tickets we won were from our local country radio station. Several of us at work teamed up together to win a radio game called Codebreakers. The game lasted four weeks and every week was a new prize. Week one was a concert lovers package with tickets to five different concerts. Since I picked the winning numbers, I got to choose a pair of tickets that I wanted and the rest were split among the others at work. Well the week four prize was another concert lovers package of sorts and had more tickets to see Tim and Faith. The two other girls from work had won that morning and left work early to make it to the concert and surprise us! It was such a fun time and I’m glad we all got to experience it.***
Tim and Faith performed some of their most recent big hits like, “Speak To A Girl,” “Humble and Kind” and a song off their album they are working on currently that will release this fall “Breakaway.”
They also sang old favorites like “This Kiss,” “Breathe,” Live Like You Were Dying,” and “I Need You.”
My favorite part of the concert is where Tim stopped singing and let the entire crowd sing the chorus to “Live Like You Were Dying.” Seriously, it gave me chills. It was such a cool moment.
While I hated for the concert to end, I am so glad we got the chance to go! And for free!
Driving home in the rain and hail wasn’t fun, but thankfully we made it back okay. I crashed as soon as we got home and ended up writing this recap from my laptop in bed.
I hope you all had a great weekend! Back with some more running and recipes later this week!
It’s here! We are only hours away from the weekend! I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and your coffee is extra strong today. My plans for the weekend include lots of house and yard work and an Easter party on Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Let’s get back to our regularly scheduled programming and get the day started!
1. So I’m late to the game with this one, but Ryan and I just rented Moana last weekend and I have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop this week.
2. From the Oiselle blog: Oiselle is thrilled to announce the launch of our GOT (Girls On Track) Bras charitable donation program. The GOT Bras mission is to help girls stay active and see physical activity as lifelong pursuit. We plan to donate at least 2,000 sports bras in 2017, and to share educational content about how to accurately choose and fit a sports bra, and understand our changing bodies. In 2018 and beyond, we plan to increase donations and produce “first-bra” designs just for girls.
3. Saw this on Janae’s blog earlier this week and I really like it.
4. I WON TICKETS TO SEE TIM MCGRAW AND FAITH IN CONCERT. Guys. I am so pumped.
6. The sun is shining, it’s finally stopped raining and it’s supposed to be warm all weekend! I hope the weather is perfect wherever you are. I am planning on soaking up as much sunshine as possible these next three days.
Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. Time seems to move a little bit slower and I try to relax and prep myself for the week ahead. So today I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite songs that relax me and keep me calm.
Love Someone — Jason Mraz
Ho Hey — The Lumineers
Learning to Breathe — Switchfoot
Castle on the Hill — Ed Sheeran
Only Love — Ben Howard
Like Real People Do — Hozier
Family — Noah Gunderson
Angel — Jack Johnson
Bloom — The Paper Kites
Flightless Bird, American Mouth — Iron & Wine
Chariot — Gavin DeGraw
Kiss Me Darlin’ — Twin Forks