Welcome to July — isn’t that crazy?! July is randomly one of my favorites months and I love celebrating Independence Day, the last few lazy weeks of summer (before my side job as an adjunct professor starts back up) and all the fresh fruits and veggies from our friend’s garden + farmers market.
I also am in the minority when I say I LOVE to run in the heat. I swear I am faster in the summer. While there is not a local Independence Day race in my hometown, I am planning on rocking my red, white and blue tomorrow on my run!
This month I am pinning all the patriotic things, running gear and easy summer recipes.
After being sick all week, I think I am finally 99% over whatever the heck I had. Thank goodness. It was miserable. My eating was super off and I haven’t run since last Thursday.
But before the weekend begins, lets get back to normal with some Friday Favorites.
1. I’ve been playing around on Pinterest a lot and I really think I want to make an initial wall for our living room. (Give me follow @megkayrich)
2. Vitamin C gummies from CVS. While trying to kick this sickness, I stocked up on medicine and decided to get some vitamin c gummies while I was out. I eat lots of bananas, but probably don’t get as much vitamin C as I need. I figure there is no harm in giving a little boost to my immune system.
4. Soup. With all the sickness I had this week, nothing sounded good to eat. I bought some soup hoping to cure my sore throat and it ended up being about the only thing I would eat. Have any good crockpot soup recipes? I’d love to hear them!
5. Ryan and I are catching up on The Big Bang Theory before the new season comes on Monday. Technically we’re a season behind, so we have a lot of watching to do this weekend!
6. Pioneer Woman’s fall collection. I love all of it. I want all those linens ASAP.
7. Ryan and I are ONE WEEK away from vacation!
8. This is actually a really old picture, but I found it scrolling through my phone and it made my happy.
A girl can dream, right?! While I am very off and on with Pinterest, I still like it as a tool for gathering ideas. I love looking at clothes for ides for outfits when I’m in a rut or when I wish I had a millionaire’s closet.