When I first got interested in running, (like for fun, not because I had to at soccer practice) I started learning about the key players in the world of running and racing.
Steve Prefontaine was one of the first I remember reading about and becoming obsessed with. His drive, his passion, his life — was all so mesmerizing.
Also. He had the best quotes. I saw this one on social media this week and it brought me back to when I was in high school and just learning about the sport of cross country. Every week I gave it my all even though I was slowest on my team. But I knew I was emptying my bucket and giving it everything I had.
I want to encourage you all to not sacrifice your gift. Today, give it your all.
Let’s get real, friends.
While I really like this quote, I think it can apply to so many things in our lives.
Right now, for me it’s running. I’m scared I am never to be as fast as I was in college or that I will never break 2 hours in a half marathon
Treadmill running is HARD. The mental game is no joke. It’s a daily struggle to pound out mile after mile all while looking at the walls of my garage.
While I am thankful to have a treadmill at home, there is nothing that beats running your favorite route or trail.
So, I will push on. I love running and I am thankful every day that I get to do something I love. I’m going to push fear aside, do the work and see what happens.
Who knows, it could be something great.
It’s FRIDAY! I am off work today and headed to Louisville to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2SOul tour!
I hope you all have a fun weekend with family and friends. I’ll report back Monday with lots of pictures from the concert, but feel free to follow along with me on my Instastory – @megkayrich.
Now. Let’s talk favorites!
1. YES. This is me. Anyone else jam out in the car while driving to/from work? The best is when a good song comes on when I leave work at 5 p.m. It puts me in such a great mood for the rest of the night.
2. Family creates Blockbuster at home for son with autism after store closes. This is so precious. Family first. Always.
3. Such a good read on detoxes and “detox diets”. Get the facts before you start any type of lifestyle change.
5. So Ryan has been playing this game on his phone called BALLZ all week. It’s super addicting and pretty fun. Now instead of Candy Crush, I’m playing this all the time.
6. This. Thanks, MilePosts.
7. Oiselle turned 10 years old this week! They have been having some great sales all week long and I am ready to press buy with a cart full of goodies like these Roga shorts and flyte tank.
8. Murphy thinks he is king of the bed. We get our new king-sized bed lat week and it is AMAZING. Seriously best adult purchase we’ve ever made.
I’ll leave you with this to celebrate the last day of Women’s History Month.
*I know girl power “sounds better,” but I am a woman, not a girl. Food for thought.