So I know there hasn’t been a ton of every day running on the blog lately, but I’ve been in a funk and have over-committed to too many events, so here we are.
I always want this blog to be about my life and since it’s birthday weekend, here is a fun post about how to set up a mimosa bar for your next party!
What You’ ll Need
Bowls for Fruit
How To Make Them
To take the guesswork out & set up a chalkboard sign with instructions that read:
Pour the Bubbly
Add the Juice
Top With Fruit
Have guests serve themselves according to their own preferences, but we recommend a 1:1 ratio of Prosecco/champagne to juice for each mimosa.
How Much You’ll Need
You can make 6-8 mimosas out of every standard 750 ml bottle of sparkling wine, so for a party of 20 people where each guest will have two or three drinks we recommend buying about 6-8 bottles of Prosecco.
I recommend serving four different kinds of juice — everyone loves options.
The easiest/most popular options are orange juice, strawberry lemonade, cherry juice, and an orange-mango juice. Most people will opt for the classic orange and bubbly mix, so stock up on a larger bottle of OJ. Smaller bottles should be fine for the rest, but it’s your party, so stick up as you see fit! As for the fruit, pick up a few pints of whatever is in season.
Now add some sparkle, garland, balloons, whatever else you want and call it a day. Hosting should be and not super stressful. Make it a party, call it a day and go party with your girls.
What a work-filled week this has been! While some of pull-my-hair-out crazy, this week was really inspiring. Sometimes I get lost in my work and feel like I’m on autopilot, but this week was different. This week I was fired up and passionate about what I do. I am thankful to be in a career I love at such a young age.
Before I get into my work day, I want to share with you all some of my favorite things from this week.
Friday Favorites are some my favorite posts (ha! get it? favorite…) Take a look back at all my FF posts here.
I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend no matter where you are!
1. These hot pink compression socks are everything. While I am not willing to drop $50 on them right now, they are definitely on my radar (hopefully a sale will happen soon?!)
2. The prettiest cheese board I’ve ever seen! It all looks delicious.
3. Some inspiration.
4. We are officially less than two months until my birthday and our annual trip to STL!
Happy Hump Day! This week has been crazy and I don’t expect work to slow down any. Thankfully I have lots of plans to work on some great blog posts for you all in the coming weeks. Lots of workouts, smoothie recipes and more!
But for today, here is a great dinner recipe for you.
My favorite day of the work week is finally here! Aren’t Fridays just so fun?! I have NOTHING on my calendar for this weekend and I am so excited for it. After being cram-packed last weekend with events and outings, I am ready for peace and quiet.
Before my relaxing weekend can begin, I have to put in some work at the office and talk to you all about this week’s Friday Favorites! Enjoy!
Let me know some of your favorites from this week in the comments below!
This is from a a local photographer and her puppy is SO CUTE. I’m really thinkingI should have done something like this when we brought Murphy home.
2. In the past, I’ve shared recipes from some of my favorite bloggers, but Julie over at PBFingers has to be one of my favorites. So many of her recipes are simple and realistic for mamas and people always on the move. On Tuesday she shard a recipe for a STRAWBERRY BANANA HIDDEN CAULIFLOWER SMOOTHIE and I can’t wait to try it out!
5. Getting out in the community and teaching little ones about the importance of journalism and the media. We played the telephone to demonstrate how news can spread and change from person to person, how newspapers are made and so much more. This is just one more reason I love my job!