Happy three day weekend! With Labor Day being on Monday, both Ryan and I are off and I am so excited. With him having to work every Saturday, Sundays are our only true day together, so I’m pumped for an extra 24 hours with my main man.
Before I can jump into the long weekend, I need to wrap up some things at work and get in a run to start off my favorite month of the year.
So let’s chat about Friday Favorites.
2. Healthy Snacks from CVS. We have a CVS rightnextdoor to work, I walk over there all the time to get snacks when my stash is running low. I love that they are offering healthier options! Even though occasionally Sour Patch Kids somewhere sneak into my basket.
3. With the devastation of Houston, I’ve seen so many groups and business and individuals come together to show their support and raise money and volunteer their time. Keeping praying for those who had to evacuate, those still in their homes and all the emergency responders risking their lives to save others.
4. Fantasy Football starts on Sunday for my group of friends and I’m so pumped. My team name is Gridiron and Wine and I’m ready to take home a win this year.
5. I survived my second week of teaching, which involved giving a quiz, assigning an article, grading papers and so much more. I love challenging myself and this job is perfect. I am learning just as much as I am teaching.
6. The best recovery routine for rest days. A great video and explanation from Runner’s World.
7. My post on five easy bbq recipes from earlier this week.
8. This is what happens when I take all the sheets off the bed for them to be washed.