Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and start to another work week. This weekend was productive and relaxing, which is just the way I like it!
Guys. I’ve ran splits this week and last that I haven’t seen in years!!! (Yes, !!! are needed) I finally decided even thought I don’t have any upcoming races, that I am going to loosely train like I am prepping for a half marathon.
Sunday – Rest or a shakeout run. I honestly do better if I can get my legs moving every day.
Monday – Easy 3 miles. Conversation pace.
Tuesday – Short run and workout dvd (this is includes lots of squat jumps, pushups and ab work)
Wednesday – 6×400 @ 9 minute/mile pace.
Thursday – 3-5 miles. Moderate pace.
Friday – Shakeout run.
Saturday – Long run.
Well now that all of the excitement from the 2017 Boston Marathon is over, I thought I would share some of my favorite moments from yesterday.
• Des Linden took 4th for the women in 2:25:06. I’m always rooting for her. She just seems so down-to-earth and like such a hard worker.
• Kathrine Switzer, first woman to officially run Boston Marathon, competes again.
• There were three American men in the top 10!!!
• Jordan Hasay with the new American debut Marathon record! This was her first marathon! She also had a great post-race interview.
• Meb Keflezighi took 13th place and at 41 years old he finished in 2:17:00. He is the happiest person ever and I was definitely in tears when he crossed the finish line. He says that this will be his last competitive time running Boston. He was the 2014 winner of the Boston Marathon.
• When Edna Kiplagat (the women’s champ) accidentally grabbed the wrong water bottle she took it back to the water table and then went on to get her water bottle at the next table. What great sportsmanship!
What were some of your favorite moments from yesterday’s race?!
Hi guys! I wanted to check in today with just a quick update on some of my running + workouts and eats lately. Enjoy!
Saturday: 2 miles on the treadmill at the gym.
Arm weights with machines.
Abs on a stability ball.
I’ve been working on incorporating lots of ab work into my daily routine and using a medicine ball is one of easier ways to get a great core workout.
Almond/peanut butter is always a good idea for a snack. 😋
Sunday afternoon after my 3 mile run I had a (mini) smoothie. New favorite recipe here. I have to get something in my belly after I run or I start to feel sick. I’ve passed out from not eating after running, so it’s important for me to always have something on hand.
Meal preppin’ like a champ. Yay for Sundays! I’ve been trying to eat more veggies lately, so this week is about salads.
Sunday: 3 miles on treadmill at home (I will be so glad when it stops raining so I can run outside!)
Abs with roller
Sunday night was tacos! Easy, simple and filling!
After my run on Monday I used Ryan’s ab wheel (this is is similar to ours) and holy moly I am sore today. That thing works. Dinner was frozen pizza because #reallife.
So there you have it. A quick run down of my moves and eats from the last few days.
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Recently, I’ve also tried the Aaptiv app. I’ve tried several fitness apps before, but this one is pretty neat. There is a one week free trial, so you have plenty of time to try it out before you decide whether or not to purchase it! (I hate buying apps, but I understand the reasoning)
They have a good variety of workouts from walking programs to tempo runs and full body strength training (something every runner should do!)
One great thing about this app it that it’s nice to not have to think about or plan my workout. The trainers (at least the ones I’ve tried) on the Aaptiv app are encouraging without being annoying.
I don’t know about you, but for my treadmill runs, I have to have music. I basically prefer to listen to music during any type of fitness activity unless I’m running outside. Then I just enjoy being alone with my thoughts and nature.
Music helps me stay focused and certain songs help me power through tough sets and the end of a run when my legs are super tired.
Hi friends! After weeks of not having any type of workout routine, I think I have finally settled into something that works for me. I always love seeing what others runners do week by week, so I thought I would share my routine.
What does your weekly workout routine look like? Let me know in the comments below!
— Easy run or rest. This honestly depends on how busy my schedule is or how sore I am from Saturday’s long run. Since I’m not actively training for a race right now, I am giving myself some leeway. Monday — 3 miles. Always. Pace varies, but I try to keep it around 9:40ish.
Tuesday — Workout video. Right now I am working my way through the Men’s Health 60 Day Transformation dvd set. It’s a killer.
Wednesday — Another running day, but the distance and effort vary depending on how sore I am from the day before. I usually try to get in 3-4 miles at at least a 10 minute/mile pace.
Thursday — Since this is Ryan’s day off, I either do a short run or rest. Sometimes a workout video. This day really varies depending on Ryan’s schedule.
Friday— Shakeout run. Usually a mile or two. Sprints and slow jogging.
Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite walking treadmill workouts. Some days running just doesn’t happen. Whether it’s my attitude, an injury or something else, some days I prefer to get sweaty by doing a walking workout on the treadmill.
3. On Wednesday I ran my first (modified) Yasso workout. While I only did 4 800 repeats instead of the desired, it was a good start and help my determine my fitness as of right now. Good news? I finished them faster than I was expecting. Badish news? They were HARD.
4. I’ve been spending lots of quality time with my foam roller this week. I have this one and I love it. It was cheap and does the job.
6. I screenshotted this earlier in the week and I need these shorts. You’ve done it again, Oiselle.
7. The Voice is back! While I’m not a die-hard fan, when you have a limited number of tv channels (we don’t have cable or internet at our house), you watch what you can! I’m also glad Gwen is back as a coach. I really like Miley, but I think Gwen fits in with this group so much better.
8. Really wishing it was summer and I could spend all day at the park with Murphy.
What is one thing you are looking forward to this weekend?
Do you watch The Voice? Who is your favorite coach?