It’s birthday month! I am someone who loves birthdays, so birthday month is a big deal to me! Plus Ryan and I take our yearly trip to STL in May. Go Cards!
This week was my first full work week in more than two weeks, so it felt super long — but also super productive! This time of year is super busy with my job, but I love feeling accomplished after a long day at work.
Before the weekend can begin let’s talk Friday Favorites and get through another work day.
1. I get to meet one of my best friend’s baby! My very first best friend had her first child a little more than a month and I get to meet him for the first time tomorrow. I am so excited for some baby snuggles and quality time with my friend.
3. Is there really such a thing as too many shoes?! Even with running shoes, I like to have several pairs to rotate (plus I like to match my outfits) Currently eyeing these bad boys.
4. This was from @pbfingers insta story several days ago. These snack balls look delicious. Check out her blog if you haven’t already.
5. Breaking 2. (which has a neat hashtag emoji on Twitter) The world attempt at breaking 2 hours in the marathon is taking place tomorrow morning in Italy (or roughly 10:45 p.m.Friday where I’m at in Kentucky)
Runner’s World has an entire page on their site dedicated to all the info you need to know for the sub-2 attempt. It’s pretty interesting stuff. Check it out here.
6. 2016 Road Race Trends. I love looking at all the nuts and bolts of running. Like how in 2016, there were 16,957,100 finishers of 30,400 running events in the U.S. So neat! How many did you finish? 7. YES YES YES. I am in love with these sandals from Draper James + Jack Rogers.
8. I love afternoons with Murphy. He still sucks at fetch, so I usually just end up chasing him around the yard while he holds a ball in his mouth. #dogmom
It’s FRIDAY! I am off work today and headed to Louisville to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2SOul tour!
I hope you all have a fun weekend with family and friends. I’ll report back Monday with lots of pictures from the concert, but feel free to follow along with me on my Instastory – @megkayrich.
Now. Let’s talk favorites!
1. YES. This is me. Anyone else jam out in the car while driving to/from work? The best is when a good song comes on when I leave work at 5 p.m. It puts me in such a great mood for the rest of the night. 2. Family creates Blockbuster at home for son with autism after store closes. This is so precious. Family first. Always.
3. Such a good read on detoxes and “detox diets”. Get the facts before you start any type of lifestyle change.
4. We have had some gorgeous weather this week. All of the sunshine is making me itch to be on the lake. I love spending summer weekends on the water.
5. So Ryan has been playing this game on his phone called BALLZ all week. It’s super addicting and pretty fun. Now instead of Candy Crush, I’m playing this all the time.
6. This. Thanks, MilePosts.
7. Oiselle turned 10 years old this week! They have been having some great sales all week long and I am ready to press buy with a cart full of goodies like these Roga shorts and flyte tank.
8. Murphy thinks he is king of the bed. We get our new king-sized bed lat week and it is AMAZING. Seriously best adult purchase we’ve ever made.
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and start to another work week. This weekend was productive and relaxing, which is just the way I like it!
Guys. I’ve ran splits this week and last that I haven’t seen in years!!! (Yes, !!! are needed) I finally decided even thought I don’t have any upcoming races, that I am going to loosely train like I am prepping for a half marathon.
Sunday – Rest or a shakeout run. I honestly do better if I can get my legs moving every day.
Monday – Easy 3 miles. Conversation pace.
Tuesday – Short run and workout dvd (this is includes lots of squat jumps, pushups and ab work)
Wednesday – 6×400 @ 9 minute/mile pace.
Thursday – 3-5 miles. Moderate pace.
Friday – Shakeout run.
Saturday – Long run.
Well now that all of the excitement from the 2017 Boston Marathon is over, I thought I would share some of my favorite moments from yesterday.
• Des Linden took 4th for the women in 2:25:06. I’m always rooting for her. She just seems so down-to-earth and like such a hard worker.
• Kathrine Switzer, first woman to officially run Boston Marathon, competes again.
• There were three American men in the top 10!!!
• Jordan Hasay with the new American debut Marathon record! This was her first marathon! She also had a great post-race interview.
• Meb Keflezighi took 13th place and at 41 years old he finished in 2:17:00. He is the happiest person ever and I was definitely in tears when he crossed the finish line. He says that this will be his last competitive time running Boston. He was the 2014 winner of the Boston Marathon.
• When Edna Kiplagat (the women’s champ) accidentally grabbed the wrong water bottle she took it back to the water table and then went on to get her water bottle at the next table. What great sportsmanship!
What were some of your favorite moments from yesterday’s race?!
Guys. I need your help. I feel like I have been in such a rut lately. I’ve running, eating decent-ish (could definitely improve here) and incorporating ab work into my fitness and it seems like I am going nowhere. And it’s kind of a bummer. I feel like was working decently hard (let’s be honest, I wasn’t giving it 100%) but nothing was changing.
I read something a few weeks back that has stuck with — you can’t out run a bad diet.
I’ve heard this a million times, but for some reason this time it really resonated with me.
On Monday, I decided enough was enough and I’ve been running (pun intended) on all cylinders this week — kicking up runs (run fast to get faster), watching what I eat more (not so many treats after dinner) and really pushing it with my fitness videos.
It’s been three days and I already feel better. It’s amazing what some good eats and running can do for you.
Anyone have any tips for getting out of a running rut?
I’m also looking for some clean snacks! I’ve been munching on peppers, carrots and nuts, but I am looking to change it up a bit and get inspired!
What a work-filled week this has been! While some of pull-my-hair-out crazy, this week was really inspiring. Sometimes I get lost in my work and feel like I’m on autopilot, but this week was different. This week I was fired up and passionate about what I do. I am thankful to be in a career I love at such a young age.
Before I get into my work day, I want to share with you all some of my favorite things from this week.
Friday Favorites are some my favorite posts (ha! get it? favorite…) Take a look back at all my FF posts here.
I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend no matter where you are!
1. These hot pink compression socks are everything. While I am not willing to drop $50 on them right now, they are definitely on my radar (hopefully a sale will happen soon?!)
2. The prettiest cheese board I’ve ever seen! It all looks delicious.
3. Some inspiration.
4. We are officially less than two months until my birthday and our annual trip to STL!