*Sorry for the blog problems this morning! This post published only half finished? So odd! I think everything is back to normal now.
WE ARE LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM THANKSGIVING. Can you tell I am excited?
Before the craziness of next weeks starts, let’s talk Friday Favorites.
1. Every Wednesday I eat supper at Panera before I teach my night class. This week I branched out from my usual order and tried their new turkey and cranberry flatbread. OMG it was SO good. Definitely a new favorite. And you can never go wrong with their broccoli and cheese soup.
3. My Turkey 5 miler is tomorrow! I’m not really worried about time, but it will be fun to race again. Are any of your racing this weekend? I know a lot of turkey trots wait until Thanksgiving day, but we like to have ours a little early 🙂
4. This song came on the radio earlier this week and I forgot that this used to be my jam back in the day.
5. Ryan and I have been addicted to playing Words with Friends 2. It’s been so fun racking my brain for crazy words. Even though I’ve lost almost every game, it’s still so fun to play.
Good morning, my friends! How are you today? I am so pumped for this weekend because we are heading to Nashville for the weekend! Lots of shopping and good food are in our future!
1. I went rock climbing Tuesday. It’s become one of my favorite activities, but since our closest indoor place is an hour away, I don’t get to go as often as I would like.
2. I love fancy, expensive coffee. 😂 I don’t drink it very often, so it’s a treat when I do. I went to Starbucks on my way to work and had planned on ordering a regular caramel macchiato (I’m not a pumpkin spice girl), but when I saw they had their seasonal Christmas drinks on the menu, I quickly changed my order. Something peppermint coffee makes it feel so much more like the holidays!
*From 2-5 p.m. until Nov. 13 Starbucks has buy one, get one free on all holiday drinks.
4. Ryan and I paid off out bedroom furniture! We had scheduled to pay it off in at least two years, but paid it off in six months! Being debt-free is very important to us, so we try to pay for things outright or pay them off as soon as we can.
5. Has anyone given this Vega protein powder a try? I’ve read about it on some blogs and from reading the label, it looks safe, but I’m still worried about dropping $40 on something I’m not going to like.
I cannot believe we are already at the first weekend in November. I feel like the end of the year is flying by and I still have so much left to do!
Just a reminder, Sunday at 2 a.m. is when Daylight Saving Time occurs! We get to “fall back” an hour, but this also means it’ll be dark when I get off work. Boo.
Happy Friday! Enjoy some of my favorites from this week. Let me know one of your favorite things from the week in the comments below!
1. The New York City Marathon is Sunday and I can’t wait to watch it. So many great American runners, including Meb Keflezighi. It’ll be his last competitive marathon and I am so ready to watch him race one last time. This article previewing his race is great. Give it a read if you have time. ‘My story is the American Dream’: Meb Keflezighi’s Indelible mark on U.S. distance running.
2. If you missed any of my Halloween posts from this week, check them out here, here and here <– includes a workout! Lots of costumes, candy and even a workout!
3. Pb&js have a made a comeback in my life and it is the best.
4. With Daylight Saving Time happening this weekend, here is a great resource for the best new running headlamps. Stay safe, friends!
5. This technically hasn’t happened yet, but we are heading to Tennessee for the weeeknd!
7. I should not have read this post right before lunch, because by the end of it my mouth was watering and my stomach was growling! Like Julie, I LOVE Aldi, so I can’t wait to give this recipe for hearty vegetable bolognese a try.
Halloweekend has come and gone. Our party was a blast and everyone had so much fun. I love bringing all of my different friend groups together for a night of drinking, dancing, food and games.
My best friend and I have been celebrating Halloween together for 11 years now. That’s crazy! I’m so thankful we are in the same town again.
The hosts 🙂 Batman and a baseball player!
We had everything from sports figures, to witches, to a nun and so much more at our party. I only snapped a few pictures, but the night was so busy and so much fun. I’m so thankful for our group of friends.
On Sunday morning, we cleaned up the remains of the party, went out to lunch and then to party #2 for the weekend. Our wonderful hosts planned a scavenger hunt, games and made the best chili I’ve eaten in a while. I laughed so hard and had a great times with old and some new friends.
Now it’s back to work for the week. We’re having a Halloween potluck tomorrow, so here’s to brainstorming spooky food ideas 😉
Hi friends! I’m checking in today just to share with you all the craziness that is my life.
Today was a pretty slow morning for me. Until pigs invaded my front yard.
I literally had been awake for many half an hour when Murphy starts freaking out and barking like crazy. I figured it was another raccoon in the road (that happens a lot out here) but when he didn’t stop, I decided to check it out.
This is what I found.
A hog and a little piggy in my front yard. I figured they belonged to my neighbor down the road who raises pigs. I gave him a call, but no answer. So I’m now I’m left wondering what to do with the pigs in my yard.
I tried to round them up and get them headed back in the direction, but no luck. They wandered down the road, into my neighbor’s yard and then back to mine.
This time they got stuck in a corner and couldn’t figure out how to get out of there. I call all the farmers I know around me and they are busy or didn’t answer.
Once I again, I got them to back out of the corner and head toward their house (well what I think is there home).
And it was only 9 a.m. Cheers!
It’s never a dull day in the Richardson household. Happy Saturday!
I took a day off from work today to get everything prepared for our Halloween party, so things are a little random over here today. A trip to the grocery, lots of cleaning and some last minute decorating. I’m hoping to get everything done today so I can relax all day tomorrow! Check back in Monday for a full recap of the weekend’s events.
But keeping with my normal schedule on the blog, here is this week’s Friday Favorites!
1. Our Halloween party!!! <– Yes it requires three exclamation marks because I have been looking forward to this for weeks. I can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes, eat lots of great food and spend time chatting and playing games with friends.
3. THIS! Some days I feel like I need to put this sign on my back. So. Many. Interruptions.
4. The winning cornbread recipe from PBFingers. I love cornbread with chili and I can’t wait to try out this recipe in the next week or two!
5. Hustle for that muscle.
I saw this quote on Instagram earlier this week and I love it. It motivated me, so I’m hoping it will do the same for you.
6. THIS VIEW. Give me all the praise hands. I love living in the country. Plus this sunset was pretty amazing — look at these colors!
This weekend was about long runs, relaxation and prepping for our Halloween party on Saturday. It was such a great weekend, I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning.
BUT! I only work four days this week and then it’s Halloween party time! We are throwing a party Saturday night and attending one Sunday afternoon.
I got in a little under 5 miles on Saturday (which is long for me right now!) and on Sunday I did an awesome P90x video.
I took a nap on Sunday, watched lots of football, attended a baby shower for a friend from high school and watched the season premiere of The Walking Dead.
Any TWD fans out there? What did you think of last night’s episode?!
As far as party prep goes, we bought a ton of food, extra tables, fake spiders, 200+ feet of cobwebs and more! I love any and all holidays and decorating is part of the fun! I’m still deciding between two costumes and Ryan is joining the fun and bought a superhero shirt to wear! (I’ll that that over not dressing up at all)
And that was my weekend. Uneventful for most, but perfect for me.
I’ll leave you with this hilarious picture of Murphy with a feather on his nose. Enjoy.
This weekend was so random as far as the weather goes. Saturday was sunny and 85, Sunday was rainy and 62. Kentucky weather is crazy.
My workout on Saturday included a run at the park, an hour at the gym and mowing my yard (which is definitely a workout. Push mowing ditches is no joke.)
Sunday included watching football and taking Murph on lots of walks in between the rain. I also squeezed in a run late in the day! Fall running is the best. The leaves are starting to change and the park was so pretty! Even if it was a little chilly, at least I didn’t feel like I was dying five minutes into run.
Other random tidbits from the weekend: • Running is hard. Eating healthy can be difficult. But having the opportunity to do both of those things is a privilege. Sometimes I get so caught up in worrying about my times and my calories that I forgot that not everyone has that choice. I am thankful for the fact that I am able to fun. I am thankful for a job that allows me to buy healthy and fresh food (which is often more expensive). Trying to remember this next time I throw myself a pity party.
• Owensboro is #11 on this list of places where millenials are moving. So that’s neat!
• If you need inspiration for a race costume or something for Halloween, Janae at Hungry Runner Girl had a great post rounding up some of her favorites from her readers. There are so many good ideas!
• What makes the Proverbs 31 woman so fearless. <– Such a great read!
How was your weekend? I want to hear all about it! Leave a comment of your favorite memory from this weekend.
Also. I’m in the mood to watch ALL THE HALLOWEEN MOVIES. What’s your favorite? I need recommendations! I plan on watching Hocus Pocus at some point this week.
Happy Sunday! Popping in real fast for a quick weekend update.
While Ryan worked on Saturday I spent the entire day with my momma! We went to yard sales, out to lunch and had so much fun just having a girl’s day. We snagged lots of great deals and I finally found a pair of ankle boots for fall! I found mine at TJ Maxx and they are Dr. Scholls brand (random, but sooo comfy!) but I can’t find them online to link them for y’all.
Anyways, after lunch we met up with my best friend high school for some Goodwill adventures and I walked out with a shirt and some books all for less than $6!
Since it is supposed to rain ALL day on today, we decided to have a game day with my parents. We recently bought Ticket to Ride and thought it would be a good time to teach my parents how to play.
I snacked on random fruit that was in my parent’s fridge. While I love fall, I am bummed for all this wonderful fresh fruit to go away. I could live off melons of all kinds. But since we have yet to have any fall weather yet, we have still had lots of “summer foods” in stock at the grocery!
*Note Murph in the corner always trying to sneak some people food.
I work Monday – Wednesday this week and I am so excited to have a long weekend. I’m hoping these three days fly by! I have a whole slew of things planned for my days off, so I ready to get to them.
Can you all believe this is my 70th Friday Favorites post?! That’s crazy to me! These are some of my favorite posts to write because they are always such a happy roundup from my week.
So let’s get it started!
1. Some weeks are so up and down with work and blogging and I feel like I’m treading enough water to keep my head above water. Anyone else feel this way? I wish I knew how to get more traffic to my blog, but I don’t have a lot of money to go to a domain name + I don’t have a ton of time to constantly promote my stuff and get my name + blog name out there. While I do like having the blog as an online journal, I do wish I had more readers and people to connect with.
2. Porta Potty Challenge. I feel like this is something I would have done in high school with my cross country team.
3. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and with it just a couple weeks away, I have scouring Pinterest for ideas. This article is 12 costume ideas to make out of a big shirt. I love it! So simple but cute.
4. With all of the craziness that is my life (full-time job, part-time college teaching job, running, meal planning, social life and more) I love feeling like I have all my sh*t together. I’ve raved about my Simplified Planner before, but I want to bring it up again if any of you are looking to buy a Christmas present for someone who needs to organization in their life (you included)!
6. Does anyone have any recommendations for super cute fall booties? I’ve been eyeing several pairs online, but I have to try on shoes before I buy. Any suggestions or sites with free shipping and return? Trying to dress cute is harder than it looks.