I’m officially 25! I can now rent a car by myself and my car insurance went down. Yay adulthood.
My birthday weekend started off with a potluck at work on Friday. Also cookie cake. Which is a birthday necessity.
Saturday morning we hit the road for our weekend getaway in STL. Thankfully Ryan and I like the same music and love listening to comedy, so our roadtrip was filled with lots of karaoke and tears from laughing so hard.
STL has become one of my favorite cities and I love getting to go to several baseball games throughout the year. We’ve done all the touristy things before, but I loved that our hotel was right by the arch. It made my morning coffee that much better!
Sunday we got so burnt from being in the sun all day, but it was so worth it to see the Cardinals beat the Giants. It was the perfect way to spend my day turning 25.
Now it’s back to the real world this week. The good news is, after five days of work, I get a three day weekend! Happy Monday, friends! Let’s make it a good week.
So I know there hasn’t been a ton of every day running on the blog lately, but I’ve been in a funk and have over-committed to too many events, so here we are.
I always want this blog to be about my life and since it’s birthday weekend, here is a fun post about how to set up a mimosa bar for your next party!
What You’ ll Need
Bowls for Fruit
How To Make Them
To take the guesswork out & set up a chalkboard sign with instructions that read:
Pour the Bubbly
Add the Juice
Top With Fruit
Have guests serve themselves according to their own preferences, but we recommend a 1:1 ratio of Prosecco/champagne to juice for each mimosa.
How Much You’ll Need
You can make 6-8 mimosas out of every standard 750 ml bottle of sparkling wine, so for a party of 20 people where each guest will have two or three drinks we recommend buying about 6-8 bottles of Prosecco.
I recommend serving four different kinds of juice — everyone loves options.
The easiest/most popular options are orange juice, strawberry lemonade, cherry juice, and an orange-mango juice. Most people will opt for the classic orange and bubbly mix, so stock up on a larger bottle of OJ. Smaller bottles should be fine for the rest, but it’s your party, so stick up as you see fit! As for the fruit, pick up a few pints of whatever is in season.
Now add some sparkle, garland, balloons, whatever else you want and call it a day. Hosting should be and not super stressful. Make it a party, call it a day and go party with your girls.
HAPPY FRIYAY. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while because it’s my birthday weekend. I turn 25 on Sunday and I am pretty excited!
One 8 hour work shift is all that stands between me and the weekend — so let’s get it started!
1. Since I’ve already talked about it, it should be no surprise that the number 1 thing I am loving this week is my upcoming birthday weekend!
Ryan and I are heading off to St. Louis tomorrow morning for some fun, good food and lots of baseball! STL has become my annual birthday trip and I look forward to it every year.
This summertime-like weather puts me in the best mood! While I understand there is a purpose for every season, summer is by far my favorite.
2. Roseanne is coming back! I love this show growing up. It reminded me so much of my own family, it was hilarious.
3. As I mentioned on Wednesday, I’ve read about Suja before on social media and other various healthy living blogs I follow, but have never given it a try until this week. I picked two bottles up at Kroger when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping and I am hooked!
4. We are having a potluck today. I brought cookie cake in celebration of my birthday!
5. I ordered my Fancy Floral Simplified Planner on Wednesday and I AM SO EXCITED for it to get here. I love putting pen to paper and planning my days and weeks ahead. I love the brand and the story behind Emily Ley. Check her out.
6. My sweet intern left me on Friday and gave me flowers and the sweetest card! I love mentoring younger students and I am so thankful to be in a career I love.
7. The giveaway goodies I won from Julie Wendell arrived Wednesday! If you’re into lifestyle blogs and cute party ideas, go check out her blog!
8. Oh Murph. Looks like someone got bored while I was running on the treadmill earlier this week.
Our weekend started off nice and quiet and by the end of it, we were super busy! But it was a great weekend with family and I wouldn’t trade our time with them for anything in the world.
On Friday nights, Ryan and I prefer to stay at home with each other (and Murphy!). It’s our time to be with each other, unwind and hangout in our pjs. We ate tacos and watched a few episodes of The Office, before calling it a night and heading to bed.
Saturday while Ryan was at work, I was busy cleaning the house, buying grocers, taking Murph for lots of walks since it was gorgeous outside and finding time to get a run in myself.
Once Ryan got off work, we headed down to Tennessee to spend some time with his family for Mother’s Day weekend. We had lots of great food and a good time just lounging around the house enjoying each other’s company.
After a whirlwind visit we headed back home yesterday afternoon just in time to make a pizza for supper and get everything ready for another work week.
I hope you all got to shower your mom’s grandma’s and all the other women in your life with lots of love this weekend. I know I did and I am so thankful for all of the positive women role models in my life.
Happy Monday, friends! This weekend was a busy one in the Richardson household, but it was filled with good food and drinks, sports and friends! This post is a little random, but here is a look into my weekend!
What did your weekend look like?
Friday night we celebrated Cinco de Mayo at home with lots of tacos and margaritas. Not that we need excuse to make tacos, but one always helps 😉
*Those plastic margarita glasses were only 99 cents at Kroger!
I mentioned on Friday in my Friday Favorites post that I was going to meet one of my best friend’s son for the first time! He is so handsome and I was so happy to get in lots of baby cuddles.
Ryan and I both drew Irish War Cry in our respective Derby pools at work, but alas, no win for us. Congrats to everyone who picked Always Dreaming to win the 143rd Kentucky Derby!
Chick-fil-A is always a good idea. I hate cooking on the weekends so getting CFA always feels like a treat!
I finally picked up a pair of calf sleeves yesterday from Academy Sports and I can’t wait to try them out! These are the ones I got if you’re curious.
The rest of this week should include lots of graduation-related projects at work, treadmill running and yard work.
Bring it on.
*T-minus two weeks until my birthday! Insert confetti emoji.
Happy Friday! I know many of you probably have the day off, but journalists never get holidays, so I’m at work waiting for the weekend begin! Like many of you, I have lots of family time planned for this weekend, especially with Easter being on Sunday. While I always get to see my family since they live so close, Ryan’s parents are coming in for the weekend, so it’ll be nice to have everyone in one place!
Before the weekend begins (at least for me!) let’s go over some of my favorites from this week.
1. Brooks Greenlight Capris for $20! What a deal. Guys, I love these capris and totally plan on buying some more. They have other colors on sale too, but they are around $25ish.
2. I’ve mentioned on here before that Anne at Fannetastic Food is one of my favorite healthy living/running bloggers. Earlier this week she shared a post called Mix & Match Grain Salad Bowl Recipes and it totally inspired some of my lunches for the week.
3. Grapefruit Mojito recipe from Somethin’ Southern. This looks delicious and I can’t wait to give it a try this weekend!
4. I feel like I am finally getting faster! I killed all of my workouts this week and even my pace on casual runs has been a little faster than normal. Since I’m thinking about getting back into training for a half, this is super exciting! Maybe a sub-2 is possible this year?!
5. I celebrated my two year work anniversary on Thursday! I’m so happy to be back in my hometown and working at a job that I love with people who are pretty great.
6. I follow @Disney on Twitter and earlier this week they tweeted this cute picture. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies of all time and this quote instantly made my smile. Plus I love all of the flowers.
It’s here! We are only hours away from the weekend! I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and your coffee is extra strong today. My plans for the weekend include lots of house and yard work and an Easter party on Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Let’s get back to our regularly scheduled programming and get the day started!
1. So I’m late to the game with this one, but Ryan and I just rented Moana last weekend and I have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop this week.
2. From the Oiselle blog: Oiselle is thrilled to announce the launch of our GOT (Girls On Track) Bras charitable donation program. The GOT Bras mission is to help girls stay active and see physical activity as lifelong pursuit. We plan to donate at least 2,000 sports bras in 2017, and to share educational content about how to accurately choose and fit a sports bra, and understand our changing bodies. In 2018 and beyond, we plan to increase donations and produce “first-bra” designs just for girls.
3. Saw this on Janae’s blog earlier this week and I really like it.
4. I WON TICKETS TO SEE TIM MCGRAW AND FAITH IN CONCERT. Guys. I am so pumped.
6. The sun is shining, it’s finally stopped raining and it’s supposed to be warm all weekend! I hope the weather is perfect wherever you are. I am planning on soaking up as much sunshine as possible these next three days.
What a work-filled week this has been! While some of pull-my-hair-out crazy, this week was really inspiring. Sometimes I get lost in my work and feel like I’m on autopilot, but this week was different. This week I was fired up and passionate about what I do. I am thankful to be in a career I love at such a young age.
Before I get into my work day, I want to share with you all some of my favorite things from this week.
Friday Favorites are some my favorite posts (ha! get it? favorite…) Take a look back at all my FF posts here.
I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend no matter where you are!
1. These hot pink compression socks are everything. While I am not willing to drop $50 on them right now, they are definitely on my radar (hopefully a sale will happen soon?!)
2. The prettiest cheese board I’ve ever seen! It all looks delicious.
3. Some inspiration.
4. We are officially less than two months until my birthday and our annual trip to STL!