Five miles and brunch! It’s going to be a good day.
What are your plans for today?
Five miles and brunch! It’s going to be a good day.
What are your plans for today?
This week kicked my butt. Work was hard, my workouts were hard, meal planning didn’t go great and overall it was exhausting. Even though I am wiped, I feel like I am plowing through the thick of things and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (24 days til Christmas!)
But, let’s talk about the good and fun things from this week with my usual Friday Favorites post!
1. I hit my daily goal of 10,000 steps four times this week! Even though I try to run almost every day after work, I sit so much at my desk job during the day that I don’t always hit 10,000 steps a day. I love job, but I do wish I could move around more at least have a stand-up desk. My Fitbit Blaze has been great and reminding me to move more every house. Even the small steps add up!
3. These Nature’s Bakery fig bars are the best! They are dairy-free, made with no bad ingredients and only have 10 grams of sugar (which is still kind of a lot, but way less than others bars I’ve tried) I got them at Kroger and they have been a great mid-day snack.
4. I taught my last class earlier this week and I am so proud of myself for making it through the semester. I’ve learned so much and I can’t wait to improve and teach again next semester. Go Panthers!
5. I snagged this cup at TJ Maxx on Black Friday and it’s perfect for me! I work at a newspaper and teach a media writing class. So if you have any newspaper-lovers in your life, grab this cup. It’d make a great stocking stuffer!
6. I finally got my hands on Grace Not Perfection AND A Simplified Life, both by Emily Ley. I’ve about 3/4 of the way through GNP and I can’t wait to finish it this weekend.
7. I roasted sweet potatoes for the first time earlier this week and HOLY YUM they are a new favorite.
8. Murphy loves our Christmas tree! It’s so cute to see him play with the ornaments and lay in his bed and look at the lights. Now I just need to put presents under the tree!
I cannot believe how fast the last four days went by! My belly and my heart are so full. From good food, time with family, time off from work and visiting with friends, this weekend was exactly what I needed!
While I forgot to snap any pictures on Thanksgiving, my day was filled with lots of good food (including my momma’s homemade mashed potatoes and gravy and lots of pies)
One of my best friends from college came to town and we shopped all day on Black Friday! While we missed the morning craziness, we got out a little before lunch and spent hours wandering stores, looking for good deals and catching up on life. We found lots of great deals at Hobby Lobby and even snagged a few Christmas presents for other people at Kohl’s and Bath & Body Works!
I ended the weekend by watching THREE movies (Cars 3, War for the Planet of the Apes and the newest Spiderman) yesterday with Ryan and Murphy. It felt great to relax and put off cooking, cleaning and work for one more day.
Now I’m ready to tackle a week of work with a fresh mind and a renewed spirit!
What was a highlight of your weekend?
*Sorry for the blog problems this morning! This post published only half finished? So odd! I think everything is back to normal now.
WE ARE LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM THANKSGIVING. Can you tell I am excited?
Before the craziness of next weeks starts, let’s talk Friday Favorites.
1. Every Wednesday I eat supper at Panera before I teach my night class. This week I branched out from my usual order and tried their new turkey and cranberry flatbread. OMG it was SO good. Definitely a new favorite. And you can never go wrong with their broccoli and cheese soup.
2. These festive earrings are to die for! They would be so perfect for New Year’s Eve!
3. My Turkey 5 miler is tomorrow! I’m not really worried about time, but it will be fun to race again. Are any of your racing this weekend? I know a lot of turkey trots wait until Thanksgiving day, but we like to have ours a little early 🙂
4. This song came on the radio earlier this week and I forgot that this used to be my jam back in the day.
5. Ryan and I have been addicted to playing Words with Friends 2. It’s been so fun racking my brain for crazy words. Even though I’ve lost almost every game, it’s still so fun to play.
8. I love this snuggly pup.
Good morning, my friends! How are you today? I am so pumped for this weekend because we are heading to Nashville for the weekend! Lots of shopping and good food are in our future!
1. I went rock climbing Tuesday. It’s become one of my favorite activities, but since our closest indoor place is an hour away, I don’t get to go as often as I would like.
2. I love fancy, expensive coffee. 😂 I don’t drink it very often, so it’s a treat when I do. I went to Starbucks on my way to work and had planned on ordering a regular caramel macchiato (I’m not a pumpkin spice girl), but when I saw they had their seasonal Christmas drinks on the menu, I quickly changed my order. Something peppermint coffee makes it feel so much more like the holidays!
4. Ryan and I paid off out bedroom furniture! We had scheduled to pay it off in at least two years, but paid it off in six months! Being debt-free is very important to us, so we try to pay for things outright or pay them off as soon as we can.
5. Has anyone given this Vega protein powder a try? I’ve read about it on some blogs and from reading the label, it looks safe, but I’m still worried about dropping $40 on something I’m not going to like.
6. Slow cooker caramel apple cider cocktail. This looks perfect for the holidays!
7. Work (both jobs) is going well and I am so excited. I love advancing and doing well in my career. #girlboss
I cannot believe we are already at the first weekend in November. I feel like the end of the year is flying by and I still have so much left to do!
Just a reminder, Sunday at 2 a.m. is when Daylight Saving Time occurs! We get to “fall back” an hour, but this also means it’ll be dark when I get off work. Boo.
Happy Friday! Enjoy some of my favorites from this week. Let me know one of your favorite things from the week in the comments below!
1. The New York City Marathon is Sunday and I can’t wait to watch it. So many great American runners, including Meb Keflezighi. It’ll be his last competitive marathon and I am so ready to watch him race one last time. This article previewing his race is great. Give it a read if you have time. ‘My story is the American Dream’: Meb Keflezighi’s Indelible mark on U.S. distance running.
4. With Daylight Saving Time happening this weekend, here is a great resource for the best new running headlamps. Stay safe, friends!
5. This technically hasn’t happened yet, but we are heading to Tennessee for the weeeknd!
7. I should not have read this post right before lunch, because by the end of it my mouth was watering and my stomach was growling! Like Julie, I LOVE Aldi, so I can’t wait to give this recipe for hearty vegetable bolognese a try.
Halloweekend has come and gone. Our party was a blast and everyone had so much fun. I love bringing all of my different friend groups together for a night of drinking, dancing, food and games.
The hosts 🙂 Batman and a baseball player!
We had everything from sports figures, to witches, to a nun and so much more at our party. I only snapped a few pictures, but the night was so busy and so much fun. I’m so thankful for our group of friends.
On Sunday morning, we cleaned up the remains of the party, went out to lunch and then to party #2 for the weekend. Our wonderful hosts planned a scavenger hunt, games and made the best chili I’ve eaten in a while. I laughed so hard and had a great times with old and some new friends.
Now it’s back to work for the week. We’re having a Halloween potluck tomorrow, so here’s to brainstorming spooky food ideas 😉
Hi friends! I’m checking in today just to share with you all the craziness that is my life.
Today was a pretty slow morning for me. Until pigs invaded my front yard.
I literally had been awake for many half an hour when Murphy starts freaking out and barking like crazy. I figured it was another raccoon in the road (that happens a lot out here) but when he didn’t stop, I decided to check it out.
A hog and a little piggy in my front yard. I figured they belonged to my neighbor down the road who raises pigs. I gave him a call, but no answer. So I’m now I’m left wondering what to do with the pigs in my yard.
I tried to round them up and get them headed back in the direction, but no luck. They wandered down the road, into my neighbor’s yard and then back to mine.
This time they got stuck in a corner and couldn’t figure out how to get out of there. I call all the farmers I know around me and they are busy or didn’t answer.
And it was only 9 a.m. Cheers!
It’s never a dull day in the Richardson household. Happy Saturday!
I took a day off from work today to get everything prepared for our Halloween party, so things are a little random over here today. A trip to the grocery, lots of cleaning and some last minute decorating. I’m hoping to get everything done today so I can relax all day tomorrow! Check back in Monday for a full recap of the weekend’s events.
But keeping with my normal schedule on the blog, here is this week’s Friday Favorites!
1. Our Halloween party!!! <– Yes it requires three exclamation marks because I have been looking forward to this for weeks. I can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes, eat lots of great food and spend time chatting and playing games with friends.
2. How National Geographic grew its Snapchat audience by 3M in 3 months. This is a super interesting read! I love learning how other companies handle their marketing and social media and this is a good example of something that works.
3. THIS! Some days I feel like I need to put this sign on my back. So. Many. Interruptions.
4. The winning cornbread recipe from PBFingers. I love cornbread with chili and I can’t wait to try out this recipe in the next week or two!
5. Hustle for that muscle.
I saw this quote on Instagram earlier this week and I love it. It motivated me, so I’m hoping it will do the same for you.
This weekend was about long runs, relaxation and prepping for our Halloween party on Saturday. It was such a great weekend, I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning.
BUT! I only work four days this week and then it’s Halloween party time! We are throwing a party Saturday night and attending one Sunday afternoon.
I got in a little under 5 miles on Saturday (which is long for me right now!) and on Sunday I did an awesome P90x video.
I took a nap on Sunday, watched lots of football, attended a baby shower for a friend from high school and watched the season premiere of The Walking Dead.
Any TWD fans out there? What did you think of last night’s episode?!
As far as party prep goes, we bought a ton of food, extra tables, fake spiders, 200+ feet of cobwebs and more! I love any and all holidays and decorating is part of the fun! I’m still deciding between two costumes and Ryan is joining the fun and bought a superhero shirt to wear! (I’ll that that over not dressing up at all)
And that was my weekend. Uneventful for most, but perfect for me.